2013 F4 Quickshifter - not working - Page 8 - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 88 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 10:10 AM

New Site Garage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCatWhisperer View Post
Can somebody explain to me what exactly this quickshifter is and how it's supposed to work?

i.e. Is it just a normal standard gearbox and the quickshifter just cuts the ignition when the lever is travelling and the clutch is left out?

I can do clutchless up and down shifts on my MY10 almost every time without issue, though obviously I have to do the blipping myself with the throttle.

So, what's the issue with the 13s? Is it not auto-blipping, or is the gearbox not engaging clutchlessly?

If it's the gearbox, then I can't imagine any map update is ever going to fix it.

Si
Oh my goodness Si.
Here goes - quickshifter allows gearchanges without backing of on the throttle, and no clutch lever use either. So you just wait for the right time, and apply the foot pressure in a very positive manner.
Watch the video, excuse the bad start, the plates where very old, but keep an eye on the hand and listen to the gears changing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB9zavd20-M .
Like I mentioned B4, this does not work on low rpm's on most bikes.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Last edited by Donsy; 07-05-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 88 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 02:45 PM

Sorry, I didn't mean I don't know what a quick shifter is, I just wanted to know what technology it employs on the '13.

So there's nothing different about the gearbox? It's just an auto-blipper? It's not like the gear selection is servo assisted or anything?

So when people say their quick shifter is not working on their MY13s, are they saying it's not auto-blipping or are they saying their gearboxes aren't allowing the engagement of the next gear?

I can't do clutchless changes at low revs on my '10, but then I wouldn't expect to be able to, so if the gearbox is the same and the QS is just a blipper on the '13, then I wondered whether half the problem is some people might be expecting more from it than it's capable of?

Si
post #73 of 88 (permalink) Old 07-05-2013, 11:40 PM

New Site Garage
Smile

Si the Auto blipping is only related to downshifting. And you are right I think in your train of though in what people are expecting.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 10:50 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Delloco
Update

I got my bike back after clutch replacement. I have noticed big improvement with the quick shifter, the torque has been adjusted and the gears are working like in HP4. One problem solved
I think I'm gonna stick to mv

BMW K1200 R 2008 sold/ F4R 2012 sold / F4RR 2013
post #75 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delloco View Post
I got my bike back after clutch replacement. I have noticed big improvement with the quick shifter, the torque has been adjusted and the gears are working like in HP4. One problem solved
I think I'm gonna stick to mv
Hello friend besides changing your clutch made ​​for the quickshifter work?? know if you updated your ecu??

regards

Juan
post #76 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 10:00 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Delloco
Nah, the clutch failed after a few attempts to launch the bike. The quickshifter has been adjusted meaning the level of torque that is required to change the gear. I had no problems for 2 days, I've done about 300 km and now I'm getting various results. Sometimes it works and sometimes I have to just kick it.

BMW K1200 R 2008 sold/ F4R 2012 sold / F4RR 2013
post #77 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 07:12 PM

It seems like the timming is to slow on the QS. It means that the gear engage first before the QS.

I had same issue when I was adjusting my own QS.

I feel the need, the need for corner speed!
Rollen Artwork.

--~~~~
post #78 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvrick View Post
It seems like the timming is to slow on the QS. It means that the gear engage first before the QS.

I had same issue when I was adjusting my own QS.
I've a doubt, does the 2013 F4 have the eas 2.0 quich shift or it was later introduced?
post #79 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 06:00 PM
Established Member

From talking to Gabriele at Evolution Bike, my understanding is that the auto blip on the downshift isn't going to be available through a software update unless you have the EAS 2.0 sensor. I have a 2016 F4RR and mine unfortunately didn't even come with the crappy translogic QS. I ended up purchasing it through Evolution Bike and then when I found out about the kit part with the EAS 2.0 I exchanged it for the kit part.
When the kit part arrived it will only do the upshift but it comes with a code for the dealer to download an updated map that will turn on the auto-blip function for downshift.
This may be the map people are expecting to come as a future update but I fear that it may only be available with the purchase of the kit with EAS 2.0
post #80 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickmandj View Post
From talking to Gabriele at Evolution Bike, my understanding is that the auto blip on the downshift isn't going to be available through a software update unless you have the EAS 2.0 sensor. I have a 2016 F4RR and mine unfortunately didn't even come with the crappy translogic QS. I ended up purchasing it through Evolution Bike and then when I found out about the kit part with the EAS 2.0 I exchanged it for the kit part.
When the kit part arrived it will only do the upshift but it comes with a code for the dealer to download an updated map that will turn on the auto-blip function for downshift.
This may be the map people are expecting to come as a future update but I fear that it may only be available with the purchase of the kit with EAS 2.0
Do you've a link for the kit with EAS 2.0?
Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode