B4 750 gearing - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By esq'z me

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

B4 750 gearing

Im going to change my chain in the not too distant future. and I have always felt the bike is a bit high on the RPM's when on the highway. One of the reasons I don't like to ride on the highway, with the engine screaming, I feel like im abusing it.
I know some of you may scoff and say its made for it, I find it bothersome.
Feels like this gearing is meant more for the track.
I prefer cruising the mtn twistys but often times it takes 1-2 hours to get to them, and I'd like to reduce the strain on both the bike and myself.

I seem to be at about 6500 rpm -/+ at 75mph.
is it possible to drop it 1000rpm?
and if so what would be the best way to go about it? and how will it affect the lower gears?
makes me wish there was a 7spd "overdrive"

04 Brutale 750S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 01:25 AM

Try with different gearing. - 3 tooth at the back makes a big difference, but the 750 soon runs out of puff...

F4 750 with Brutale 910S motor
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 05:59 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Here's a web site with a calculator to help you:

https://www.gearingcommander.com/

Just remember, you will lose some acceleration with taller gearing, and your speedometer will be less accurate as speed reading on the meter is function of a sensor at the transmission shaft. You can fix that with a "YellowBox" or other correction device. Google is your friend here.
Edward likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I did some reading, one where someone put a 15t on in place of the stock 14t, said it made an improvement, thinking I might try that first, especially since they are only $20.
Will I notice THAT much of a difference from a stop? honestly right now it feels pretty good. Maybe slightly better than it used to since I adjusted the Pot on the ECU mixture (looked rich, and I'm at altitude so I turn it 1/4 lean)

is there anyway to change the cassette gearing?

04 Brutale 750S
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:09 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDanger View Post
is there anyway to change the cassette gearing?
Only if you have the unobtanium MV race team transmission kits...Donsy managed to buy one a long time back. There is a thread where he show photos and discusses. Your chances of getting that stuff is nil. I think there were only 2 available when they were available.

The SPR came with a close ratio gearbox. Mostly a longer first gear and tighter ratios up top. You can seek one of those from a parted out bike...one of the 300 made.

If you have enough money you could have some new transmission parts made. You can get anything with enough money.

One tooth larger on the front sprocket is like 3 smaller on the rear. Did you look at the gearing calculator I gave you the link to? Plug in your variables and the answers will appear.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM

Your chain might not be enough for +1, thats why i suggested the -3 at the rear.

F4 750 with Brutale 910S motor
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

I see, Ok will keep that in mind, Im on the original chain with 7k miles, it has a bit of sag now, might that be enough for the extra tooth? assuming some adjustment in the hub (never adjusted it, since new)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViggenF4 View Post
Your chain might not be enough for +1, thats why i suggested the -3 at the rear.
Plus if I change the rear I'd like to get something a little more spiffy, and aluminum. I thought I read something about changing to the quick change flange?

04 Brutale 750S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode