F4 750 2000 model oil filter - MVAgusta.net
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 05:09 AM Thread Starter

F4 750 2000 model oil filter

Dear All,

I know tht oil filters have been discussed at length many times.

Can anyone please advise if a genuine MV Oil Filter part number 8000A9294 is suitable for a F4 750 2000 model?

There seems to be a shedload of numbers brandished around and I am trying to ascertain whether the above is suitable.

Cheers

Submariner

When my Dad and I first laid our eyes on an MV Agusta at the UK launch, we were simply blown away.................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 06:12 AM

I don't want to be a smart ass or anything but have you checked the Bike Manual?

2006 Brutale 910S
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 06:17 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
All the first gen bikes use the same filter. Part numbers have changed as MV has changed suppliers through the years. They do not make their own filters.

No manufacturer does.

Most current part number is 8000B1552.... that is a kit with retaining clamp. Latest number for filter alone (as listed for your bike) is 8000A0810.

8000A9294 is an obsolete part number.....google will show you lots of replacements from Yamaha, Hiflow etc....

Bottom line...yes, it is suitable for your first generation MV 4 cylinder engine if you found one for sale.

Buy a Purolator or HiFlow (or Honda for that matter) and be happy.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

thanks people, very greatly appreciated indeed.

When my Dad and I first laid our eyes on an MV Agusta at the UK launch, we were simply blown away.................
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Cheers guys, very greatly appreciated indeed.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 07:49 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Dear All,

I know tht oil filters have been discussed at length many times.

Can anyone please advise if a genuine MV Oil Filter part number 8000A9294 is suitable for a F4 750 2000 model?

There seems to be a shedload of numbers brandished around and I am trying to ascertain whether the above is suitable.

Cheers

Submariner
UMMMMM
The MV Factory filter is POS made in Thailand with glued cardboard, so is the Honda and the HiFlo.....the K&N is worse

Buy the Purolator PL-14612 BEST FILTER MADE Laser cut stainless steel and silicone rubber valves
AND IT'S CHEAPER TO BUY THAN THE POS FILTERS TOO

Fuck MVs mounting instructions and the silly clamp......NO OTHER VEHICLE USES ONE

Inside the filter
mounting instructions
correct wrench ~$6 - on Amazon
Attached Images

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
The Following User Says Thank You to theknurl For This Useful Post:
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

thanks for this Knurl, I have unfortunately now purchased a genuine MV one, but judging by what you have said I think next time I will go for the Purolator one

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 05:53 AM

Exclamation ?

Submariner;
What a lot of you folks don't seem to realize is how the motorcycle industry is set up.......
They want to brainwash you into using FACTORY parts at inflated prices......especially service parts, on an extremely short service life
Or they won't sell wear parts......because they want you to buy the entire assembly, like the rear hub,
Brembo doesn't sell internal parts (except for BMWs and KTMs) Brembo billet calipers used to be $1682.....need a dust seal? it's $1682
Brembo TT 2172 HH pads last 8,000mi on my Aprilia RSVR......the EBC HH pads on my Brutale 910R went 32,000mi
and aren't nearly as abrasive and cost 1/2 as much
MV wants us to change change chain and sprockets at 7,500mi......my original set is at 38,000mi and will go at least 40,000mi
MV uses regular resistor spark plugs and want you to change them at 7,500mi, why not use Iridiums ? yes, they cost more.....
But they'll go 80,000mi to 100,000mi in cars
Look at the silly fuel pump plate O-rings......they want you to use the green Viton ones (not the best for gasoline or ethanol)
My local dealer wants $12 EACH the Ducati dealer wants $17 EACH......the better Buna-N O-rings are ~$8.50 for 25 of them at
McMaster-Carr that's $0.30 EACH....If I order them by 9am, they usually come by 1:30pm the same day
Look at the off the wall oil MV wants you to use.......Agip, now Eni....MV got paid for putting the stickers on their bikes
Me? I use Mobil 1 available anywhere......$24.71 including tax for 5 quarts in a jug......I go within 75 feet of where it is in the store
several times a week
MV wants you to use their shit oil filter for a stupid price......my F4 came with 4 of them, I sold rhem for over $20 each and
bought Purolator PL-14612 filters instead for ~$5 each(a while back)
I get my DID chain and AFAM sprockets from England for $142 delivered

THINK
russell60, ogrilp400 and nigelrb like this.

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl

Last edited by theknurl; 07-27-2019 at 02:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to theknurl For This Useful Post:
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 12:47 PM

There is no Purolator Filter that fits between the headers of a F4 750, believe me.
I listened to Noel and bought the one he recommends for the Brutale (14612) and the shorter one (14610 I believe) for the F4.
Yeah, the shorter one was still too long for my F4.
For my F4S I went to Autoparts with my old OEM Filter and compared it with what they had on the Shelves.
I went with a Mobil 1 in the end.
And guess what, only the shorter Purolator fitted my Brutale S 750 with the Ti Headers.
The PL-14612 was a waste and I gave them finally to Arthur.
esq'z me likes this.

MV Agusta 350B
MV Agusta Race Replica w. 350B Engine
MV Agusta Brutale 910R Starfighter Titanium
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 07:57 PM

Talking wtf????,

Quote:
Originally Posted by haupti View Post
There is no Purolator Filter that fits between the headers of a F4 750, believe me.
I listened to Noel and bought the one he recommends for the Brutale (14612) and the shorter one (14610 I believe) for the F4.
Yeah, the shorter one was still too long for my F4.
For my F4S I went to Autoparts with my old OEM Filter and compared it with what they had on the Shelves.
I went with a Mobil 1 in the end.
And guess what, only the shorter Purolator fitted my Brutale S 750 with the Ti Headers.
The PL-14612 was a waste and I gave them finally to Arthur.
Guess what genius?
Go to my Sticky the, Interchangeable Parts section......The Mobil 1 M-108 filter is listed IF THE SHORTER OF THE PUROLATOR FILTERS IS TOO LONG, THAT'S A PL14612
I've also given the lengths of the 3 filters in other posts......I have no way of knowing what pipes YOU have on your 750
Given that YOU'RE the only person on this Forum that has had a problem with the Purolator PL-14612......
And that you didn't know which filter was the shorter....don't think the filter is the problem

https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/153-g...geability.html

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in