Brutale 750 S fuel pump replacement - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By esq'z me

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 04:00 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Brutale 750 S fuel pump replacement

Hi guys,

it's been a while since my last issues with my Brutale. 😊 Now I need your help once more. I have a 2005 Brutale that has beeno working pretty good without any major problems. But now after 14 years the fuel pump seems to be on her last rides. After a good start in the season I wanted to go on a sunday ride and the pump didn't prime. I tried several times turning the ignition key on and off (I checked every switch, that could be on the way, everthing was as it should be for a normal engine start), saddly without any luck. Then I checked all the fuses, all were fine. I took off the tank and measured the power on the connectors and it was as it should be ca. 12V on both pins. The I knocked a couple of times on the bottom off the fuel pump assembly, but saddly without any luck. I dissasembled the pump from the tank, knocked on pump plastic housing, attached the power supply and it started priming. I put all back together, made a short test run and everything was fine. I wanted to take a nother turn yesterday. She started normally, but after a couple of on and off of the engine, suddenly it wasn't priming again. 😔😔 I managed after a couple of key turns on and off then she started working again. But I don't trust the pump any more, so I want to change it. I found the oem pump to pricey (400€+), so I googled and found a couple of matching hits, but would like your opinion over it. Does any one have any suggestion which pump to take? I found one matching on Aliexpress but the delivery times are long, as I live in Europe it would be great to find a dealer here. I have also red that a ducati fuel pump is compatible, do you maybe know which Ducati bikes fuel pumps are compatible with the brutale?

Aliexpress:
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/328324...0-910-990-1078

Or suggested one from the forum:
https://www.fuelpumpfactory.com/prod...750s-2003-2005

Thanks for all the support in advance!

Cheers,

Ziga
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 05:23 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

Ziga_SLO;
I think your problem is where the harness goes from the external plug through the fuel pump plate.......
It's happened before more than once......

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Hi the knurl, thanks for your fast reply, with the harness you mean the connectors feom the engine block to the fuel pump plate? I have forgot to mention, that I replaced them with the metal one, because one got broke couple of years ago. Or did I understand it wrong? 🤔
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 08:57 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziga_SLO View Post
Hi the knurl, thanks for your fast reply, with the harness you mean the connectors feom the engine block to the fuel pump plate? I have forgot to mention, that I replaced them with the metal one, because one got broke couple of years ago. Or did I understand it wrong? 🤔
He means the electrical lead into the pump base. Connector to the harness and possible broken wire in the harness where it goes into the pump base.

There is also a strainer at the pump pick-up that could be blocked...and the pump itself may have debris or dry fuel residue inside.

Take the pump out, submerge in cleaner and power it up with a battery to flush it out. If it reliably runs strong out of the tank and manually connected to power then the pump is fine...other factors at play.
theknurl likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in