terrible clutch noise 2013 F4RR - MVAgusta.net
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

terrible clutch noise 2013 F4RR

this noise i am hearing only occurs when engaging clutch into 1st and try to pull away , shifts fine into and out of gears up and down , no clutch slip while in gear ,
So it sounds exactly like marbles in the transmission area or clutch ? its defiantly not the CCT
the bike is difficult to pull away from a light the clutch seems to make this marbles sound and i have to be easy getting going , but after that shifting into 2 ,3 or 4 ect is fine its just at the initial take off from 1st gear
any ideas ?? bike has 30,000KM not miles on it all regular maintenance up to date.

Back to the shop for the princess!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 04:00 AM

New Site Garage
Slipper clutch makes that noise, but from my bike @ 50000k it's a lot quieter now than it was @ 5000k. Not an expert (yet) on the slipper clutch but I vaguely remember posts on wear causing noise. I'll bow to more experienced members on this.

Cheers

Deano

2009 1078RR Brutale
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

F4

I have owned the bike since brand new i know these bikes can make a lot of noise but this is defiantly a clutch issue , it is even worse when bike is hot , as you release the clutch in first as it trys to engage the clutch is making a chatter or more like marbles rolling around sound and is tricky to get going , all other gears are fine no clutch slippage , up or down only out of 1st almost like if the clutch springs are not putting enough pressure on clutch plates ??
seen another thread where someone was replacing entire clutch basket springs ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 08:32 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Time to pull the cover and have a look-see !!! Something worn beyond minimum spec (my guess) or broken (not likely based on your symptoms described).

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

So have clutch out everything looks fine , there is some play in the shaft that the clutch goes on , maybe 3mm in out
Is it possible the clutch basket bolt was simply not tight enugh ??
This is a hard one to trouble shoot but all clutch plates, and everything is ok
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:13 PM
Old Wing Nut

A little movement in the shaft is normal... the clutch hub nut pulls everything to the right and takes it out. Was the nut loose?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
A little movement in the shaft is normal... the clutch hub nut pulls everything to the right and takes it out. Was the nut loose?
well it wasent loose loose ! it still needed a impact gun to get off but my mechanic thinks it came off to easy ?

every thing else looks good ! clutch is in almost perfect shape , basket is fine , bearing are ok , shaft bearing is fine , maybe the springs are not putting enough pressure on the clutch thats what it feels like that the clutch is hopping or chattering when tring to engadge clutch off a stop light

side note when bike is cold clutch is fine untill it warms up or gets hot then its really tricky to get going ? but clutch does not slip at all full power in all gears
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 05:41 AM
Old Wing Nut

Loose nut was not your problem.

That is called "Judder" by a lot of technicians. Can be caused by glazed clutch discs. Can also be caused by some oils.

Many bikes have damper "anti-judder" spring washers in the clutch pack....some old bikes had rubber rings. I haven't looked at the parts list for your clutch, so don't know if MV uses such devices.

On a Suzuki M109 cruiser, if the judder spring is installed wrong or lost its flex (basically a big conical washer), the bike will shake violently during initial engagement. I mean violently !!

New plates and fresh quality oil is my suggestion.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 07:43 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rulookin View Post
well it wasent loose loose ! it still needed a impact gun to get off but my mechanic thinks it came off to easy ?

every thing else looks good ! clutch is in almost perfect shape , basket is fine , bearing are ok , shaft bearing is fine , maybe the springs are not putting enough pressure on the clutch thats what it feels like that the clutch is hopping or chattering when tring to engadge clutch off a stop light

side note when bike is cold clutch is fine untill it warms up or gets hot then its really tricky to get going ? but clutch does not slip at all full power in all gears

What oil are you using?

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=mitchy;2574647]What oil are you using?[/QUOTE
i have been useing the same oil for 2 years motul 7100 i think and i am religious about oil changes ! ever 3000KM filter too , going to check with my mechanic what are you guys useing ?

Last edited by rulookin; 05-09-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode