2013 F4RR Major service (12,000kms) Cost issue - MVAgusta.net
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

2013 F4RR Major service (12,000kms) Cost issue

Hi Guys,

Posting up here as I am in a bit of crappy situation.

I had a major service done on on my 2013 F4RR and the dealer MV Parramatta (Sydney, Australia) charged me $1,600 AUD (including parts and labor). I know its an Italian bike etc and was always prepared for that, however the amount to be seems a bit ridiculous.

They have done everything by the service manual (attached).

Now when I originally spoke I thought this was a bit extraordinary so chased up dealers around the country (we have one or two in every state so not many around) and they ranged from $900-$1,250. I then asked my dealer to not change the coolant or the brake fluid (given I had this change before) to make the price more reasonable. Gave my bike in for the service they charged $1k for labour (8hrs) + 600 for parts and this was not even including doing the coolant and brake fluid. There was obviously a breakdown of communication somewhere.

Now I know i stuffed up a bit here but I did not have much of an option of taking it elsewhere. Just wanted to know do you think the attached is fair? What have you been charged previously? What would you do?

To be fair they have serviced me previously and have always done a good job and at reasonable costs but this just seems out of place.

Thoughts?

Thanks

KK
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 02:51 AM

New Site Garage
Considering that the dealer over here charges 500/600 euro it seems much.
On hhe other hand it does vary per dealer. Another one would charge 1200 euro...

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 03:00 AM Thread Starter

I know what you’re saying. The issue is we only have two Mv dealers in Sydney and have always taken it to these guys given they are well known and have always been reasonable. I did not have much an option so took the hit but again I thought it included the clutch/brake fluid and coolant change. So I expected the cost to come around $1,200-$1,300.

Given it was not included and still $1,600 I am very disappointed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 03:00 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs down

KK;
Most of the 12,000km service is bullshit.......like drive chain, sprockets and plugs
I'm at 61,000km on the original chain and sprockets and plugs

Post a picture of the invoice so we can see what's going on
For sure $1,600 AUD is a ripoff

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 03:15 AM Thread Starter

Why am I note surprised....here is the full invoice with what has been done

I just called up another dealer in a seperate state and they charge $700. Again a massive price difference.
Attached Images

post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 03:18 AM Thread Starter

Rest of it
Attached Images

post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 03:43 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

KK;
Can you give us a wider angle shot of the complete invoice? We already know the dealer......

Believe it or not MVGUSTA.IT watches this stuff......

There used to be a dealer in OZ called Alto.......and the importer used to be Paul Feeny Group (aka Pin Fuck Group)

They screwed a Forum member Hitcho73........Rob Rossi MVista and I took them on, and they're gone

For what you paid you could have purchased the tools and supplies to do the job, known that it was done right and enjoyed the satisfaction of taking care of your bike.......and had money left over
Terrys409 likes this.

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 03:51 AM Thread Starter

Arghhh i keep hitting the wrong button. With back page included. I usually change the oil and do basic maintenance with my brother but given that this was a major service I thought this was best done by an accredited dealer. Any recommendations what to do going forward?

I should have agreed the cost with them prior but again understood I would take a $1,200 hit without the brake/clutch fluid change or coolant. Didnt expect $1,600 without those things.
Attached Images

post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 03:54 AM Thread Starter

Full invoice attached. I just dont get how another dealer can be $700-$1,200 and one $1,600 for the same job.

Like $50-100 difference ok but $400- $900 is a lot.
Attached Images

post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 04:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
KK;
Can you give us a wider angle shot of the complete invoice? We already know the dealer......

Believe it or not MVGUSTA.IT watches this stuff......

There used to be a dealer in OZ called Alto.......and the importer used to be Paul Feeny Group (aka Pin Fuck Group)

They screwed a Forum member Hitcho73........Rob Rossi MVista and I took them on, and they're gone

For what you paid you could have purchased the tools and supplies to do the job, known that it was done right and enjoyed the satisfaction of taking care of your bike.......and had money left over
I do recall hearing about that dealer when I was growing up and the issues faced by many people previously. These guys replaced them (and the only dealer in Sydney currently as far as I am aware) and have always been reasonable with their servicing but this time its been less than a pleasant experience because of the cost vs other dealers.

What do you recommend going forward Theknurl?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in