running rough hot - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

running rough hot

Hi, guys
I have a relatively new (1k miles) 2013 brutale that ran fine until the end of last season. I know that the miles are low, but it was left in a crate until two-years ago. I need to keep on the throttle when the bike gets hot to prevent what feels like 3 of the 4-cyl running. Runs like butter in all other situations. I have a Rexer re-map and unit, and have reset the adaptive and TPS with no improvement. Gas is good. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 08:48 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
How hot is hot ???

Maybe you have a coil breaking down. Do you have access to detected trouble codes with your Rexer software...I am not familiar with it. If it is anything like a PowerCommander then that unit may be causing your problem. Take it off and see if the problem goes away.

Can you take it to a dealer and get them to hook up the diag software and check for detected trouble codes?

Where in the world are you ??? It's not listed in your profile.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

I am in Minneapolis MN. Crosstown is no longer dealing in MV and I do not trust the other local option. The Rexxer does have some diagnostic features, so I'll try that. Not hard-riding hot -- just running over an hour or so. I'll fix the profile. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 03:59 PM

Are we talking a bad idle or is it with partial throttle settings in a particular range of rpms?
Did you buy the bike new and then do the rexxer reflash, or did it come already set up?
Is the bike standard apart from the ecu?
I presume that we are talking about a 1090 Brutale?

In my garage: 2011 Brutale 1090RR, Triumph Street Triple R
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

I bought the bike new. Rexxer flash was done soon after -- basically to let the bike run a bit more rich during break-in and address the fact that the dealer did not reset the TPS at delivery so it ran really bad. It is a 1090 brutale. It acts like it is running super lean and does not like running at low RPMs --
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 07:01 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Well. if the TPS has never been set properly then that is upsetting the entire fuel and ignition map. The Rexer is a band-aid.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode