Worried about all the issues to look out for! - Page 3 - MVAgusta.net
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Gold_Saw View Post
Dont look to much into the "bad stories". And definitely dont listing to the comments on any social media platform without those trolls providing proof.

Sure, ofcourse there are people who have had the worse luck and bought a lemon. And those folk out there are so mad they just start brand bashing bequase they can.
Someone has a "exhaust valve error" on the dash and asks for help. A dissatisfied former MV owner would come along: "yeah F MV's they're pure sh!t, nothing but issues" blabla we've seen them all.

And instead of actually providing the information the guy needs he also now might start to doubt his purchase. Which is stupid cause a simple plug n play into computer and a self relearn update will fix it. Or a healtech plug.

You can read 100 great reviews on the internet. It never takes such an impact like 1 bad review does.
Thanks mate, very true about the negative comments. I was more worried about the hub failure. Something like that has the potential to cause permanent injury or even death, and having a potential ticking time bomb underneath makes riding a little on the anxious side. Otherwise I love the bike so far..

Previous rides:
'86 Yamaha RZ250R - '96 Honda RVF400R - '96 Kawasaki ZX7R -
'00 Ducati 748R - '07 Honda CBR1000RR -'13 Ducati 848EVO

Current ride:
'18 MV Agusta F4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 06:49 PM

New Site Garage
Almost all the issues you find on this forum are related to previous generations (or part revisions). Just take some time to get used to the bike and give it some time to earn your trust. Find an experienced bike shop and stick to the maintenance plan and you have nothing to worry about.

2003 MV Agusta Brutale 750S

Last edited by Robbedoes; 03-26-2019 at 06:51 PM.
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbedoes View Post
Almost all the issues you find on this forum are related to previous generations (or part revisions). Just take some time to get used to the bike and give it some time to earn your trust. Find an experienced bike shop and stick to the maintenance plan and you have nothing to worry about.
Ok cool, thanks for the reply. 😀 👍

Previous rides:

Current ride:
'18 MV Agusta F4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 11:46 AM

New Site Garage
@HAPPI
I was just googling around on the interwebs and found this article and thought of this topic: https://translate.google.com/transla...f4r-corsacorta
Its originally in spanish and translated it into english. If it doesnt work google: MV Agusta 100.000km. Take a look.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPI View Post
Thanks mate, very true about the negative comments. I was more worried about the hub failure. Something like that has the potential to cause permanent injury or even death, and having a potential ticking time bomb underneath makes riding a little on the anxious side. Otherwise I love the bike so far..
Hi HAPPI

I have probably added to your negatives in my recent posts re the dreaded rear hub!
I was worried thats normal behaviour isn't it?

Anyway pleased to report that I have given her a good spanking (F4RR) in the last few days and she runs as good as gold. A simple test that no-one seems to have posted....... is poke your finger in the centre of the Axel after a hard ride and judge the temperature, mine is 5C above ambient I think thats probably OK
esq'z me likes this.

2016 F4 RR ECU mapped with ECU Studio
2017 Aprilia Tuono Factory

Last edited by Chilblane; 04-01-2019 at 01:20 PM.
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 06:14 PM

@HAPPI

I see you are in Sydney. Home of the best MV Agusta dealer in Parramatta.

I've just completed 40 000 km on my 2015 Brutale 800rr. If i had listened to all the negative comments i would have missed out on one of the best experiences ever.

please see my comments on the last 36k km that i made on another forum

https://netrider.net.au/threads/mv-a...7#post-3456224

As stated - stick to the service schedule and nothing will go wrong. I have had two sprag clutches replaced - both under warranty - in the last 40k and both times i have never been stranded since the symptoms start early and gives you plenty of time to react or seek dealer advice.

Faster and Faster untill the fear of death subsides.....
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilblane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPI View Post

Hi HAPPI

I have probably added to your negatives in my recent posts re the dreaded rear hub!
I was worried thats normal behaviour isn't it?

Anyway pleased to report that I have given her a good spanking (F4RR) in the last few days and she runs as good as gold. A simple test that no-one seems to have posted....... is poke your finger in the centre of the Axel after a hard ride and judge the temperature, mine is 5C above ambient I think thats probably OK[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/images/MVagusta_net_2016/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG]
Hey mate, glad to hear everything is sorted. And that's a good tip, I will certainly give that a go.

I gave her a good run (380km) yesterday through my favourite roads and she performed flawlessly. Very happy at the moment.

Thanks for the reply. 😀

Previous rides:

Current ride:
'18 MV Agusta F4
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 02:07 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeO View Post
@HAPPI

I see you are in Sydney. Home of the best MV Agusta dealer in Parramatta.

I've just completed 40 000 km on my 2015 Brutale 800rr. If i had listened to all the negative comments i would have missed out on one of the best

experiences ever.

please see my comments on the last 36k km that i made on another forum

https://netrider.net.au/threads/mv-a...7#post-3456224

As stated - stick to the service schedule and nothing will go wrong. I have had two sprag clutches replaced - both under warranty - in the last 40k and both times i have never been stranded since the symptoms start early and gives you plenty of time to react or seek dealer advice.
Hey mate, thanks for the reply.

I am not happy with the results I have had with the dealer in Parramatta. Two very basic mechanical tasks were done incorrectly. And I am not the only one who this has happened to. All good though, I don't want to take my grievances out on a public forum. Just very disappointed unfortunately, none the less the bike will always be serviced on time and correctly and I look forward to many happy kilometres of twisties! 😉

Previous rides:

Current ride:
'18 MV Agusta F4
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
[QUOTE=Black_Gold_Saw;2567187]@HAPPI
I was just googling around on the interwebs and found this article and thought of this topic: https://translate.google.com/transla...f4r-corsacorta
Its originally in spanish and translated it into english. If it doesnt work google: MV Agusta 100.000km. Take a look.[/Q

Wow! Very impressed. That guy has covered a lot of km on all of his bikes. Just out of interest, what does he mean by "transmission kit"?

Previous rides:

Current ride:
'18 MV Agusta F4
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 02:13 PM
Established Member

I think he means clutch plates. I also did 100011 km on a Ducati 996, so Italians can go the distance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode