MV Agusta Forum banner

MV won't start

3K views 25 replies 4 participants last post by  nonam3k 
#1 ·
Hallo. Got a new battery for my f1000r went to fit it and got it wrong way round put the neg on the positive .
When I turn on the ignition, there is a speedometer test and I can hear the pump but when I press the start the starter does not work. When it gives ground to the orange-yellow wire of the Solenoid, the starter turns on, there is a spark, the pump is running but the ECU does not give a signal for the injection.

A list of things I checked or bought new ones.

ignition switch - I checked OK
engine kill switch - I checked OK
gearchange position switch - I checked OK
general relay -I checked OK
starter buton - I checked OK
clutch level position switch -I checked OK
contact connector - I checked OK
Faulty fuse (E-5) - I checked OK
diode - New
Open circuit of the wiring - I bought a second wiring loom and also does not work

I ran jpdiag

Injection test OK
Fuel pump test OK
Test spark plug OK

The starter still does not work. Does anyone have any ideas? Broken ECU which does not give a signal on the solenoid?
Someone has for sale ECU for Agusta 1000r 2007-2008 without immo

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
If it is a 5SM it will fit. The issue is the programming. If that ECU was in a 2007/8 1000R, then all is well. Otherwise you will need to have the CU flashed to your engine.

#5 · (Edited)
The seller wrote to me that Ecu is from 2007 MV Agusta F4 312R , in the evening has to send me a photo sticker with numbers

Interested in your AC refrigerant fault code..... didn't know air conditioning was an available option !! :wtf:

That fault code may have a different meaning for your bike and is worth looking at.

The TPS reading is also wrong and needs resetting. Should be 2.3.

I think the 61601.347.02 is the art number, and the 5ZDH3Y93H is a batch or serial number. Sounds like the ECU you found would work.
I think that the error p0530 can be caused by disconnecting-AIR VALVE
The second error shows o2 sensor? My two wiring looms do not have an o2 sensor plug.

#4 · (Edited)
Interested in your AC refrigerant fault code..... didn't know air conditioning was an available option !! :wtf:

That fault code may have a different meaning for your bike and is worth looking at.

The TPS reading is also wrong and needs resetting. Should be 2.3.

I think the 61601.347.02 is the part number, and the 5ZDH3Y93H is a batch or serial number. Sounds like the ECU you found would work.

#6 ·
#15 ·
Excellent result.

FWIW, anything connected to the electrical system can be damaged by reverse polarity.

#16 ·
Oh, and thanks for posting your vehicle in the signature line!

Is it a beast to drive?

#17 · (Edited)
Without your air intakes, where have you positioned the air pressure sensor ? which is normally in left side airtube on the bike. This sensor measures actual air pressure in mB or HectoPascals ..

Without this sensor the ecu won't receive the correct signal to fuel the bike correctly.

Good luck !

Joe

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
continuation of bad pass.

As already known, I set up the ECU from another model (1000r 312) and the engine start but idle rpm was working badly. I dismantled all parts for painting the frame and the engine was not started for 1 month. When the frame came back from painting I put the engine back into the frame. The engine started, worked for 5min and suddenly he has shutdown. when I quickly turn on the ignition and do not wait for the end of the display test, the engine starts for a second and dies. When I turn on the ignition slowly and wait a moment, the starter does not start. I connected the interface and there are no serious errors. Anyone have any ideas?

Exactly what I mean, you can see on the film.

Attachments

#23 ·
That's a good result. I'm curious how this thing will go!

#24 ·
Ah yes...should have thought of that. When the Tip Over Sensor is triggered the engine will initially start just as the key is turned on, but stop immediately. Will not start if button is not pressed as soon as key is turned on.

It is that moment when the key is turned on and the ECU hasn't read the TOS signal yet. Seen that before on several bikes and ATVs.... Some vehicles will not let you access the diag software when the TOS is tripped, and some do not show the TOS in the diag computer read out. It can be a real diag pain.

Thanks you for reminding me.

#26 · (Edited)
Hello again :) This time I have a small problem with the reserve lamp. I do not have the original fuel pump from AGusta so I set up a thermistor from the Honda cbr ( thermistor is 100% good).

My observations 1: In the wiring diagram, a blue / yellow wire comes to the thermistor (it is a positive wire) and returns from the thermistor a purple wire which is connected to the reserve bulb. when we have this information and when you put a positive voltage on the violet wire, the reserve control should light up. Unfortunately, this is not happening. If we give GND on purple wire then the reserve lamp lights up.

My observation 2: When you pull out the blue wire from the thermistor and put GND in its place, the reserve lamp will stay on all the time (it does not matter if the thermistor is dry or wet.).

It seems to me that there is a LED bulb in the clocks and using a resistor + connecting a separate GND to the thermistor will fix the problem.

I wonder just why the control lights on GND since the diagram says that it should be positiv there?

I hope you will understand what I have to say. I am from Poland and my English is not very good: /

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.