15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 12:42 PM

New Site Garage
Ha! Look at this

https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/12-f4...eage-f4-3.html
nigelrb likes this.

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 11:41 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
theknurl, by every statement you mean just every statement I ever made in this thread or was it about the first generation of hubs that supposedly fail?
Every statement you made is conjecture, hearsay or just wrong
Post 1, You measure chain wear by measuring between a specified number of links not by age
Post 6, "After 20k mi they're scrap"......look in your owner's manual or the service manual
Post 12, "Original faulty ones" '99-'09 are all the same ....."replace every 30k km" no 36k km
Post 14 "prior to '09" the second Gen hubs started in '10 and have problems the 2nd Gen cush drives are POS

Try researching things......there are many Forum members that speak no English and have to use Google Translator which
is terrible with technical things

One member in South America has the only MV in his country, obviously there is no dealership ......I help him with parts

christosc likes this.

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
The Following User Says Thank You to theknurl For This Useful Post:
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 10:40 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
Every statement you made is conjecture, hearsay or just wrong
Post 1, You measure chain wear by measuring between a specified number of links not by age
Post 6, "After 20k mi they're scrap"......look in your owner's manual or the service manual
Post 12, "Original faulty ones" '99-'09 are all the same ....."replace every 30k km" no 36k km
Post 14 "prior to '09" the second Gen hubs started in '10 and have problems the 2nd Gen cush drives are POS

Try researching things......there are many Forum members that speak no English and have to use Google Translator which
is terrible with technical things

One member in South America has the only MV in his country, obviously there is no dealership ......I help him with parts

And that is why you, uppergod of everything that is technical, help this lost user that got it all wrong with all the friendliness that you have

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Except I wasn't making statements as per official definition of the word. I was asking questions, adding "or so I've heard" which clearly implied I needed some more info and wasn't making a statement. My research is my experience and what my dealer told me. I wasn't sure that information was correct so I started this thread. If I knew everything for sure, I wouldn't start it.

Maximum Velocity, thanks for the input!
Maximum Velocity likes this.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 12:07 PM
Established Member

I have 36xxx mi (58xxx) on my 2007 Brutale 910R and it's a strong as ever
esq'z me likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode