Your opinion please - MVAgusta.net
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Your opinion please

I have come across this exhaust for sale and want to go for it, I keep comparing the pics to the ones on the Bodis site and they look very different. I like to ask those with experience of the exhaust what their thoughts are on the one for sale. the welds around the tail tidy fixing points dont look great or it that the finish on all their exhausts. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MV-AGUSTA...19.m1438.l2649

2010 F4 1000R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 12:07 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Looks very nice. Titanium welds....it is a very difficult material to weld, so the operator must be good. I do not have intimate experience with Bodis, except hearing them ...LOUD !!!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 12:15 PM
Established Member

Send a message via Skype™ to christosc
Mine had this exhaust when I bought it. It was much louder (and much lighter) than the stock exhaust and I sold it to someone from Essex for £650!
It was too loud for my liking and it would fail all tests at any race track so it had to go.
With a stock ECU you cannot map models from 2010-2012 so that was another reason to let it go.

2012 F4 RR Corsacorta
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1995 Kawasaki GPz500S
1998 Yamaha R1 (White) Sold
1999 Kawasaki ZX6R Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by christosc View Post
Mine had this exhaust when I bought it. It was much louder (and much lighter) than the stock exhaust and I sold it to someone from Essex for £650!
It was too loud for my liking and it would fail all tests at any race track so it had to go.
With a stock ECU you cannot map models from 2010-2012 so that was another reason to let it go.
are you saying it won't run correctly with a stock ECU or I would not be able to use the sport mode?

2010 F4 1000R
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 01:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Looks very nice. . . I do not have intimate experience with Bodis, except hearing them ...LOUD !!!
This would sound great - for a while. It appears a straight through system, there's no visible collector box, although I suspect there's db killers in the tailpipes. Good value too!

2007 MV F4 1000R
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 03:18 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamUK View Post
are you saying it won't run correctly with a stock ECU or I would not be able to use the sport mode?
You will need to adjust your fuel maps for the significant decrease in back pressure.....in other words, Yes, it will not run correctly with a stock ECU.
nigelrb likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
The Following User Says Thank You to esq'z me For This Useful Post:
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 09:51 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamUK View Post
I have come across this exhaust for sale and want to go for it, I keep comparing the pics to the ones on the Bodis site and they look very different. I like to ask those with experience of the exhaust what their thoughts are on the one for sale. the welds around the tail tidy fixing points dont look great or it that the finish on all their exhausts. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MV-AGUSTA...19.m1438.l2649

Bodis had trouble when they first made the system for the 2010on models where the mount for the slip-ons was cracking.
So they strengthened the mount.
The system you are looking at to buy has been modified.
The Bodis exhaust is well made and sounds great.
I have a race ECU with my Bodis and the bike runs faultless.
The price is good too.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
The Following User Says Thank You to mitchy For This Useful Post:
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 01:15 PM

And Mitchy’s is loud!
mitchy likes this.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 07:35 AM

Doesn't look to be a full system to me? Unless I am missing something? That looks to be from the cat back?

There are baffles in the rear section ... held in by the bolts visible in the pics. But they are still effing loud.

I love mine

Proud owner of a 2015 F4 and a graduate of the school of 'stupid hurts!'
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 07:36 AM
Established Member

Send a message via Skype™ to christosc
SamUK, what I meant was that you need to adjust your fuel maps in order to get the full benefit of the exhaust. The stock MV ECU is not configurable as far as I know. Of course you can use both maps (if you have a 2010-2012 model, or 4 if you have a '13+ model) but it could potentially be harmful for the engine as they have been configured by the factory for the stock exhaust, so you should better seek professional advice before fitment.
Mine didn't have any baffles installed from what I remember. The sound was nice, but very piercing at motorway speeds.

C.

2012 F4 RR Corsacorta

1995 Kawasaki GPz500S
1998 Yamaha R1 (White) Sold
1999 Kawasaki ZX6R Sold

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode