HELP: Who manufactures Valve guides for the Corsa corta engine? - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By dudman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Send a message via Skype™ to christosc
HELP: Who manufactures Valve guides for the Corsa corta engine?

Hi Boys and Girls,
I am in need of help. My engine failed the leak down test and the fault was traced to 2 leaking inlet valve guides on the same cylinder (I think the rightmost one).

A friend of mine with the same bike (2012 F4 RR) had a catastrophic engine failure and the fault was identified as being the same as mine: the inlet valve guides allowed play and the valve in his case broke but luckily for him, stayed open.

I managed to get 2 replacement valves from Del west from recommendations on this forum, but, I cannot find valve guides! I tried MV, Startwin and Evolution bike but no-one has them.

I would like to know if anyone had a similar experience. I wonder if the valve guide used on the engine is not compatible with the titanium valves. So if anyone has had a similar experience, please let everyone know as this can be dangerous and costly.

If anyone can help with the exact dimensions of the valve guides (which I believe have to be oversized to 0.05 and not the standard 0.025 for a used cylinder head Part no is 8B0081228) that will be greatly appreciated!

I already had to cancel a track day at Donnington Park for 10 May 2018 and now I am worried that I will not have the bike ready for a 3 day track day event at Spa 15-17 June.

Thanks,
Chris

2012 F4 RR Corsacorta
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1995 Kawasaki GPz500S
1998 Yamaha R1 (White) Sold
1999 Kawasaki ZX6R Sold

Last edited by christosc; 05-04-2018 at 08:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 02:29 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

Probably Del West...... email them

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
Probably Del West...... email them
[IMG class=inlineimg]http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/images/MVagusta_net_2016/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG]
Properly not, I know they dont make them for the F3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 04:12 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudman View Post
dudman;
What does an F3 have to do with an 2012 F4 RR????
I know if I was MV's purchasing agent, I'd most certainly be buying
Ti valves and the guides from the same racing parts manufacturer

Makes claims real simple

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudman View Post
dudman;
What does an F3 have to do with an 2012 F4 RR????
I know if I was MV's purchasing agent, I'd most certainly be buying
Ti valves and the guides from the same racing parts manufacturer

Makes claims real simple
[IMG class=inlineimg]http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/images/MVagusta_net_2016/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG]
Well not to long ago I purchased Ti valves direct from delwest for a 2012 F3 675 and I also tried to purchase valve guides and was told they don't manufacturer them.

I agree if I were MV purchasing agent I too would get the valves and guides from the same company but we rational people don't buy for MV.
Some dumbfuck Penny pincher in accounts at MV thought let's get the valves from the most respected company in the world and then save a few $ and get someone cheaper to manufacturer the guides, then they wonder why all these engines are dropping valves?
So using your original logic if they get the guides for the F3 manufactured elsewhere why wouldn't they get the ones for the F4 from the same place?

For the original poster I couldn't find the original guide manufacturer for the F3 so I had a local engineering workshop make replacements from colsibro for around £40-45 each

Yes you are correct that the original guides are not ideal for Ti valves, which is the reason I upgraded all my guides to colsibro on recommendation form delwest.

Looks like you are from the UK? If you pm me I will send over the details for the engineering guy who worked on my head.
christosc and christosc like this.

Last edited by dudman; 05-06-2018 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Update
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Send a message via Skype™ to christosc
Thanks for the replies all!

I have already contacted Delwest and they have confirmed that they do not manufacture the guides for this engine, the only manufacture the Titanium valves for it.
However, they can manufacture valve guides that will work well with their titanium valves. The problem is, they don't have the exact dimensions. Trying to reverse calculate the original dimensions from the extracted valve guides may not be very accurate!

2012 F4 RR Corsacorta

1995 Kawasaki GPz500S
1998 Yamaha R1 (White) Sold
1999 Kawasaki ZX6R Sold
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 08:03 AM

We have guides. The problem most often occurs due to corrosion. Fogging after track days is highly recommended. Send me an email [email protected] if you are interested in purchasing guides. We are in NH, USA.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode