Brutale 910S - a fuel injector died. Has anyone tried using Chinese IWP156 injectors? - MVAgusta.net
 2Likes
  • 4 Post By Crashxx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Brutale 910S - a fuel injector died. Has anyone tried using Chinese IWP156 injectors?

Hi all,

One of the fuel injectors on my Brutale apparently has failed. Everything was working fine and then suddenly the engine started misfiring and losing power. I had a feeling that one of the cylinders stopped working.

Took the bike to a mechanic here in Sydney and they told me the bad news. A new original Marelli IWP156 injector ( part number 8000A5495) costs $830 AUD.

When doing a research, I came across a thread here on the forum that said ( I can't post links yet):

"The Brutale 910S and 910R use Magneti Marelli IWP 156 injectors. MV Agusta's part number is 8000A5495. Dealers in the U.S. retail them for over $500 each. Although they share the same specs on paper as several other similar injectors, they do not appear to be interchangeable because of physical differences such as outlet size. No other MV Agusta bike uses this injector.

I can't find any other bike or car in the world that uses this same injector except a Chinese bike, CFMoto 650NK. Their injector is a Chinese made clone of the Magneti Marelli IWP 156. Specs are identical and physical dimensions are the same as the IWP 156. CFMoto's part number is 0700-171000. They retail for $120. There are may CFMoto dealers in the US. Few dealers actually stock parts for these bikes, but they are available to from a US warehouse within a week."

So I spent a bit more time trying to find these Chinese injectors and found them on ebay for $30USD each. There seems to be a whole factory that produces all sorts of injectors in Guangzhou. The company is called Junri Machinery.

The price difference is massive! So these injectors seem to be identical copies of original IWP156, just a lot cheaper.

The question is - has anyone tried using them?
Attached Images

Last edited by Crashxx; 08-29-2017 at 08:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 01:48 AM Thread Starter

Well, since no one responded I thought I'd just share my experience. Might be useful for someone.

It worked! Ordered 2 injectors directly from the factory in China for 20 USD each, delivered to Sydney. Got the dead injector replaced by a mechanic and so far it works great! I don't see any difference compared to a genuine injector.

So, a genuine injector costs 830 AUD, CF Moto dealership was happy so supply one for 200-300 AUD (which would probably be the same as what I ordered anyway) and I paid approx. 30 AUD.

Will see how it works out in the long run.
gotojoe, gotojoe, RCEE and 1 others like this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 04:20 AM

Well done. At that price you can replace it every year and still be ahead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 06:30 AM

New Site Garage
Thanks Crashxx for finding these, I have a 910s and always good to find a cheaper alternative. As mentioned above if you had to buy one every year you would still be quids in. Great work

MV F4 750 EVO3 2003
MV Brutale 910s 2007
Honda VFR800 1998
Honda MBX 125 FE 1983
F4 Agusta mini moto replica
Chinese Quadbike made of peanut butter (crunchy).
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 08:38 AM

Serious extraction of urine going on at $ 830.00 AUD .... !!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-22-2017, 10:54 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

Some Ducati Monsters use IWP 156 injectors in pairs.......

But for $30 who cares?

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl

Tags
910s, injector, iwp156

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode