Which Levers? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Which Levers?

I wonder if anyone can identify this brake lever on my 2007 F4. The clutch lever is broken and I'd like to but the same as the brake if possible.

Many thanks,

Ian
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 02:03 AM
Established Member

Alternative

These are very similar and cheap enough to buy the pair.
I presume you can buy the small logos if need be.
I have some similar and very happy with them.

MC Short CNC Adjustable Brake Clutch Levers Fit MV AGUSTA F4 / F4RR 2013 2014
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Levers

Yes, I've seen that they are not expensive and I have no problem buying a new pair, I just want to make sure I get good ones. I've seen the ones made in China and won't buy them on principal!

I don't think I need folding levers, can't see why I would, and I don't know if short levers are a good idea or not.

Just hoping for some guidance here from riders with experience of these issues/parts.

Thanks,

Ian
SoCal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 06:56 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
CRG makes nice levers, I have them on Gina. Short is OK for the brake, but really not so good on the clutch. The design is similar to what you have.

Another good brand is ASV

The cheap Chinese stuff has spotty quality issues.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 08:23 PM

Pretty sure youve already got Chinese levers. I've seen the "MV Agusta F4" branded levers on ebay. Honestly, im pretty sure China has cornered the market on sub $100 levers, lol - there must be dozens of styles out there for every make and model(so many being interchangeable) I've owned one set of cheapie ebay levers on a multistra, and then bought a set for my brutale.. they were both just okay... i mean, there's not a whole lot that goes into making them(especially when you're copying someone elses hard work like certain countries do) that said ive had plenty of name brand ones for a variety of other bikes and would say that the difference can be seen and felt, albeit not by much..

CRG, MV Corse, and Pazzo are the more common name brands with quality offerings. Theyre all around the $180-220 mark for a pair, anything in the $29-69 range is undoubtedly manufactured in China.. anything in the $49-99 range and theres a damn good chance its being bought by the same exact manufacturers and being sold at a price to reflect "premiumness" while exchangeing gross profit per unit for lower volumes. I mean, what kind of cheapskate would buy $29 levers for their MV when they can buy the $89 version of the same exact thing that has some minor difference in outward appearance plus the assumed level of greater quality given the pricepoint?? Marketing - it get's us every time!!

But.. nearly anything is better than the crappy cast composite junk levers that come from the factory on 99% of new bikes..

disclaimer: i have zero facts to back up my claims - i am neither a Chinese factory worker defector nor an ISO90000000 engineering guru, but i have looked at a metric shit ton of ebay listings for various parts and have discovered many commonalities in ebay/alibaba/amazon sellers practices and advertising habits.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 01:15 AM

I've got the Rizoma on my Dragster - expensive but nice and the colours don't fade ! Not too flash and good adjustability

“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode