2007 F4 Salvage Bike - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

2007 F4 Salvage Bike

I picked up my newly acquired 2007 F4 from the salvage yard in LA yesterday afternoon and apart from being the dirtiest bike I've seen in a long time ( stored outside in a dusty yard ) it seems to be in better shape than I expected. The tail is broken beyond repair so I'm on the hunt for a new Tail Fairing, but the rest of the damage is quite minor. Makes me wonder why it was totaled by the insurance company!

Apart from a really good bath, the first order of business is to fix a puncture in the front tire. There's a big nail dead center in the tire. Was this the cause of the damage in the first place?!

Obviously getting an F4 off the ground is not as simple as most bikes and it seems I have to buy new stands for both front and rear. Can anyone recommend any particular stands for this bike? It seems that not many claim to be suitable for the F4, so I'd really appreciate it if anyone who can let me know which stands work well and which to avoid.

I'm sure I'll be back looking for advice, parts etc. I'm really looking forward to playing with this bike and bring it back to good condition.

Thanks in advance!

Ian
SoCal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 05:32 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Advice given in the other thread....

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
Advice given in the other thread....
Which is http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/161-ne...-first-mv.html

Kag

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianashdown View Post
I picked up my newly acquired 2007 F4 from the salvage yard in LA yesterday afternoon and apart from being the dirtiest bike I've seen in a long time ( stored outside in a dusty yard ) it seems to be in better shape than I expected. The tail is broken beyond repair so I'm on the hunt for a new Tail Fairing, but the rest of the damage is quite minor. Makes me wonder why it was totaled by the insurance company!

Apart from a really good bath, the first order of business is to fix a puncture in the front tire. There's a big nail dead center in the tire. Was this the cause of the damage in the first place?!

Obviously getting an F4 off the ground is not as simple as most bikes and it seems I have to buy new stands for both front and rear. Can anyone recommend any particular stands for this bike? It seems that not many claim to be suitable for the F4, so I'd really appreciate it if anyone who can let me know which stands work well and which to avoid.

I'm sure I'll be back looking for advice, parts etc. I'm really looking forward to playing with this bike and bring it back to good condition.

Thanks in advance!

Ian
SoCal
Congrats, good luck and have fun to bring it back to life, 1098-1198-1199-1299 pitbull rear stand fit your bike, pitbull front stand is standard

07-MV Senna 201/300 My wife gift for my BD
05-MV F4 Track bike
16-Ducati DVT-S
10-Ducati 1198R
08-Ducati 1098
09-Ducati 848 Her bike turn in track bike
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-05-2017, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

07 f4 r1000

I've just started to get things together for the first job on my new, to me, F4 and I realize that there are changes on the 07 that are not shown in the manual I have.

So, first is there a manual that is specific to the 07 F4 R1000?

I have to fix the puncture in the front wheel and right away I realize the axle is different. It has an external 12 point (I think) external nut. I always prefer to understand how things go together, or come apart, before starting work so I don't do any avoidable damage.

This is just the first job, I'm sure there will be others that have differences. If anyone can point me to workshop and parts manuals for the 07 I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Ian
SoCal
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 05:52 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Here is a link to the chassis manual for your bike.

http://www.teamdouble3racing.com/man...ssismanual.pdf

Thanks to Donsy's website Team Double Three Racing.

I have it and the other relevant manuals saved to my hard drive where it's easy to search and when necessary print out what I need to work on the bike.

Not a bad idea IMHO.

The info you need starts with page 10 of the wheels and suspension section.
Attached Images

Currently in the shed...

2007 F4 312R Black / White / Red.
2012 HD FXDWG 103 Blue Flames
2013 Ducati Diavel Very Black Metallic
1981 Triumph T140 Bonneville Maroon / Cream.
1973 Yamaha CT3 175 chook chaser

Adelaide...Sarf-A-Straylia
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 08:12 AM

Kyle at Passerrini motorsports in PA has new plastic he bought from Fast by Ferrachi at great prices. I bought a new bellypan for my 750 for 250 bucks. real nice guy. 267 424 5296
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

2007 f4

Thank you for the kink to the correct Manual. I had downloaded the wrong one!

This will be helpful.

Ian
SoCal
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

I was able to spend a few hours working on my new toy. Boy are MV's fun to work on!

Job 1 is the get the ignition switch to the locksmith so I can have keys cut. This is a salvage bike and came with no keys. The manual half describes how to remove the ignition switch, but doesn't tell the full story. It seems everything on an MV needs something else to be removed before the part you want to remove. I'm really surprised I didn't have to take the rear wheel off to get the switch out although it wasn't much less!!

Anyway it's out and tomorrow morning I'll be off to the locksmith with a pair of genuine blanks to see what black magic he can work. Then I have to hope that the key he cuts works in the Gas cap and seat lock too!

So far I'm quite impressed with the quality of the build and engineering, but there is no doubt it's an Italian bike!

One piece of bad news it that there is a slight 'ding' in the front wheel. First piece of serious damage I've found. I'll have to find someone here in SoCal who can fix this; any one have any recommendations?

It's not too bad, but its a shame in such a nice rim (apart from the stripes!). Everything can be fixed!!

I found that the DPO has installed a Power Commander on this bike. Its a complication I really don't need, but it's there so I guess I'll have to figure out how to use it. Does this bike really need more power!!?

Ian
SoCal
Attached Images

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 05:44 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
You have some work to do!
Those rim stripes do need to come off, and I'm sure there is a wheel man in SoCal that can help with the ding.

As for the Power Commander, I would remove it. The 5SM ECU is tuneable...if you have the needed equipment and skills. There is a guy on the East Coast you can send it to and he'll tune it to the mapping he developed using my 312R.

What mods are you planning? What exhaust is on the bike now? Does it still have the catalytic converter?

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode