Brutale 750 S self reving - MVAgusta.net
 2Likes
  • 4 Post By merc07

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Brutale 750 S self reving

Hi Guys,

I have an MV Agusta Brutale 750 S, made 2005. I have decided to tune it up a little, and made following changes:

- Upgraded EEPROM to MV Corse Open
- Setuo the idle trimmer as shown on --> Here
- Changed the exhaust to HP Corse Hydroform --> only exhaust manifolds are genuine
- Setup the TPS to 150mV
- Synched the throttle bodies
- changed the air filter genuine for BMC

I just have to setup the vacuum, that I plan to do in the next few days.

I have started the engine and it is working without any problems... The idle run has to me smooth en a little, that would be made with the vacuum setup.

I have made the test run and following happened:

- when the bike was cold and I closed the trottle the bike stalled for a short while

- when the bike was warm and I closed the trottle the revs jumped to 4-5k RPM

Does anyone has an Idea what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

BR,

Ziga
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 11:45 PM

New Site Garage
If, ans I say If you set the TPS correctly, check for air leaks and have you replaced the spark plugs recently?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
If, ans I say If you set the TPS correctly, check for air leaks and have you replaced the spark plugs recently?
Hi Donsy,

Thanks for the feedback, as I have written TPS ia set to 150mV, and I have done at least 20-times all of the readings were between 150 and 154mV, what think is ok.

I will check the the angle an mV's of the trotthle over software from Adam once more an setup the vacuum.

About the spark plugs, I havemt change them for the last 20k km. I will also change them, thanks for the tipp.

As soon as I check/replace the open points I will give you a feedback.

Could it be, that the bike doesn't get enough fuel? That the mixture is to lean? But bike would stall in the idle if that would be the issue. Correct?

BR, Ziga

2005 - MV Agusta Brutale 750 S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Hi Guys,

I have found a solutiom for my problems. I have setup the TPS after I have synced the Vacuum of all for carborators. Now the bike does run smooth. On Monday I'll make a test run and will report back if she is running smooth.

I just have one question regarding CO%. I was at the workshop where they made measurement from the back of the exhaust. I know the results couldn't be real, but despite I've setup the mixture on the ECU as written on the manual of the http://mvfaq.blogspot.com/, the measurement was pretty much offset.

In idle it was 1.110 CO%/vol, and and on 4-5k RPM, the measurement was 0.30 CO%/vol.

Does any one know in what relationship the CO% has been measured on the website?

I have researched the Gunson Gastester but it also doesn't write if it is in g/km or some other unit. And the curious thing is, that the Gastester is setup on 2.0 CO% as idle. It means it ads only 1.5 CO% when is measured in the exhaust?

Thanks for your help in advance.

BR, Ziga

I would appreciate any infos about it.

Poslano z mojega ONEPLUS A3003 z uporabo Tapatalk

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 05:14 AM

Did you use the sensor bung in the exhaust or did you just put a probe up the pipe ?

If the latter then that may be the cause of the very lean readings...
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 05:58 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by merc07 View Post
Did you use the sensor bung in the exhaust or did you just put a probe up the pipe ?

If the latter then that may be the cause of the very lean readings...
Hi Adam,

Thanks for your response, I put the probe up the pipe, because our MOT doesn't have other options. But I could try and put the probe into the sensor bung, maybe it is the right size to go into the bung.

I also made an error because, I left the db killer in the end pipe... Without it the probe would come deeper into the exhaust, or even deep to the bungs because the exhaust is about 40cm long.

I'll make the readings and give you a feedback about it.

Thanks for your help.

BR, Ziga

Poslano z mojega ONEPLUS A3003 z uporabo Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode