Sprocket carrier play - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 06:01 AM Thread Starter

Sprocket carrier play

Hi all,

Just cleaning the new F4 up and doing some basic checks and maintenance and have noticed that there seems to be some play in the rear sprocket. Now, I have compared it to the old brutale which has absolutely no top/bottom/side/side movement which has concerned me a little more. Is there supposed to be play on the F4's rear sprocket at all? I have checked to make sure everything is tight within acceptable torque tolerance and all seems ok on that score. I know from the Brutale that the rear hub can be a focus of financial pain so wanted to ask the question of you guys before I dig any deeper in to it....

Thanks for your help, Gavin.

Gavin78

2007 Brutale 910S
MV Corse cat delete and cans

2012/14 MV F4
QD exhaust & classy red rim tape!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 06:05 AM

New Site Garage
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
Hi all,

Just cleaning the new F4 up and doing some basic checks and maintenance and have noticed that there seems to be some play in the rear sprocket. Now, I have compared it to the old brutale which has absolutely no top/bottom/side/side movement which has concerned me a little more. Is there supposed to be play on the F4's rear sprocket at all? I have checked to make sure everything is tight within acceptable torque tolerance and all seems ok on that score. I know from the Brutale that the rear hub can be a focus of financial pain so wanted to ask the question of you guys before I dig any deeper in to it....

Thanks for your help, Gavin.
Please keep in mind that you Brutale and your F4 use completely different rear axles, hubs and sprocket carriers .
Then have a look around through the manuals and various posts, the >10 F4 will have some play in general, it's the amount of play that important.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 06:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Please keep in mind that you Brutale and your F4 use completely different rear axles, hubs and sprocket carriers .
Then have a look around through the manuals and various posts, the >10 F4 will have some play in general, it's the amount of play that important.
Thanks Donsy...I have measured and it is not quite 1mm movement so probably just looks/feels more than it really is! Was just concerned as other bikes I have owned have all had virtually no movement but as you point out, they are a completely different design....I will back away from the panic button for now!

Gavin78

2007 Brutale 910S
MV Corse cat delete and cans

2012/14 MV F4
QD exhaust & classy red rim tape!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode