2Likes
  • 2 Post By Tony F
  • 2 Post By fingertight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Latest update F4RR

Hi folks,

I seem to read quite a few threads that ask 'have you the latest update' or words to that effect.
I am sure I have also read somewhere else you can do this through your smart phone but can't find that anywhere now and so, is this possible or do you have to take your bike to a main dealer to get this done?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 02:32 AM

New Site Garage
Hi

Service bulletins can be found here:

MvAgusta

The most recent ECU update for F4, F4R and F4RR 2103-14-15 models is #166 dated 17 December 2015.

I doubt you can do this through a smartphone but perhaps you can find a way. According to my local (just appointed) dealer you need a laptop with Texa software and access to the factory system, something which is guarded jealously I believe. The dealer found he needed a dedicated laptop, the MV software wouldn't run on the a laptop which already had the Ducati system loaded.

I was without a local dealer for over a year so have only had the update to fitted to my 2013 F4RR in January this year. I haven't noticed any particular difference to the way the bike runs with the update except that it seems to start a little more easily. I think I may have read somewhere that this is one of the improvements in this map...but maybe I'm imagining it.

Tony
Baggo and Baggo like this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 11:30 AM

New Site Garage
I had mine updated January of last year. It sorted a few issues. One is that it starts easier like Tony F mentioned and the other was the QS was iffy at best. It is now smooth as silk. I'm sure you can't update it yourself as my understanding is you need to be hooked into MV's system which likely can only be from a dealer. I'm headed for my dealer today and I'm going to ask if the F4RC map (recent update) can be flashed into the F4RR. There is another thread about that and I'll post the response there.
Baggo and Baggo like this.

2014 F4 RR
2008 Yamaha Raider S
1982 Suzuki GS850L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Ok, thanks for that. I may of read updated from a laptop, but because I couldn't find the article, just presumed most things can be done from smart phones too. Guess I need to locate my nearest dealer then as the most local one has recently gone into receivership.
Is there anyway of knowing if the updates have already been done?

When you say difficult starting, how difficult? Mine turns over and normally fires up in a couple of seconds
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 03:58 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggo View Post
Ok, thanks for that. I may of read updated from a laptop, but because I couldn't find the article, just presumed most things can be done from smart phones too. Guess I need to locate my nearest dealer then as the most local one has recently gone into receivership.
Is there anyway of knowing if the updates have already been done?

When you say difficult starting, how difficult? Mine turns over and normally fires up in a couple of seconds

I believe there are maps out there that you can download with a PC but they are likely for aftermarket ECU products. I'm sure others more knowledgeable can confirm/deny that. Anything proprietary from MV is likely only available through their network. I don't know if there is any way to tell if it's already done, unfortunately. Again, without the software to check, probably not. Mine used to take a few seconds of cranking to start, now it is about a second. It also ran a little rough for another couple of seconds. Doesn't mean you don't have the latest update if yours takes 2 seconds. You might be able to call another dealer and see if they can look up your service history by the VIN which would tell you what's been done. Car dealers can do that but I don't know if motorcycle dealers have moved into the 21st century yet. This is a great bike. I've had a bunch over the years and this is by far my favorite sport bike by a mile. Enjoy!!!

2014 F4 RR
2008 Yamaha Raider S
1982 Suzuki GS850L

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode