Clutch push rod came out - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Clutch push rod came out

I was working on my 2007 brutale 910 r and was removing a piece of asphalt that was stuck in the front sprocket cover.* I had to remove the front sprocket cover and was being care not to remove the cylinder rod but as I was holding it in place it slipped from the pliers and slid out with the cover still in place in the slave cylinder.*It seemed to be stuck in the slave cylinder. I placed it back in and put the cover back on.* I started the bike and the clutch worked fine.* It went in into gear no problem and I was able to go back to natural.* I was nervous to take it for a ride.*I am unsure what to do. The piece of asphalt was almost glued to the inside of the sprocket cover.

The more you explain it, the more I donít understand it. Mark Twain

Last edited by Donsy; 02-26-2017 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Heading
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 07:30 PM

New Site Garage
It's fine, at the very worst you might have damaged the gearbox oil seal, but maybe you where lucky and it's all fine.
On you model there's nothing else that can go wrong.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
I will keep a look out for any leaks. It's still to cold around New England for any daily riding. I will try to get it out tomorrow and get it up to temp. Thanks!

The more you explain it, the more I donít understand it. Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
It's fine, at the very worst you might have damaged the gearbox oil seal, but maybe you where lucky and it's all fine.
On you model there's nothing else that can go wrong.
Hey Donsy, I may have done this....Which part number is the gear box oil seal?

2000 F4 750
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 05:38 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenno View Post
Hey Donsy, I may have done this....Which part number is the gear box oil seal?
Hi Glenn.
I'll respond here instead of the PM you sent me - sorry I missed your post before, too much going on for me to handle at the moment.

1st you need to check where the oil is coming from, on the clutch push rod it's very discrete but all over the place, it could look like a leak near the waterpump or look chain lube spilling out from front sprocket. And this is a gearbox removal job as the seal is inside the gearbox.

2nd option, and more common, is that it's the front sprocket seal leaking, more messy and shows the sprocket as oily mess. This is easy to do without gearbox removal.

I'll post pics and part numbers ASAP.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 11:45 PM

Thanks, for the reply mate, I figured you had not seen it and I appreciate your expertise/knowledge. Keeping it on the forum benefits everyone. Mine looks like it is coming from the water pump initially but then realised it was being pushed around by the air flow.

As I said in the PM, I'm swapping out my swing arm, so figured I would fix this at the same time. I have had a couple of little leaks, but she is 17 this year so hopefully I will have them sorted out soon. This one seems quite small, as I still take it out every few weeks or so.

Thanks heaps for your assistance. I will owe you a beer if you ever get into parliament and have to come to Canberra

2000 F4 750

Last edited by Glenno; 03-18-2017 at 07:04 AM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 06:30 PM
Established Member

For what its worth, I was chasing a leak on my 910S a while back and had the sprocket cover off a number of times. On each occasion the clutch push rod refused to stay put so inevitably it came out. I simply slid it back into place and maybe I was just lucky but the gearbox seal is fine.

My problem eventually turned out to be twofold, the countershaft seal was leaking and I sourced a replacement locally from a bearing and seal distributor, I just made sure it was Viton. Having sorted that, the oil leak persisted, albeit greatly reduced. Turns out the sump gasket was also leaking, a very simple repair with a tube of Toyota liquid gasket.

Now she's as dry as a bone and I'm happy not to be wiping the back rim down after every ride.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sundodger For This Useful Post:
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 07:49 PM

Thanks, My sump gasket seal looks fine. Nothing down around the kick stand.

2000 F4 750
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 10:19 PM

New Site Garage
Push rod seal

Push rod seal is Part #9 - Part number 800091603.
Size is a 16x8x5
Countershaft sprocket seal is #7 - Part number 800089410.
Size is 35x47x7
Attached Images

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Last edited by Donsy; 03-18-2017 at 10:35 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 12:57 AM

Cheers mate, Thank you very much!

Edit: In case someone else reads this part number 9 pictured above is actually 800064296, RETAINER, AXLE, CLUTCH DRIVER

I think Dons transcribed part number 8 instead of 9 as he meant too

2000 F4 750

Last edited by Glenno; 03-19-2017 at 04:08 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode