engine upgrade for my brutale 750s - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

engine upgrade for my brutale 750s

Hi!
I love reading and checking for info in this forum a few years now. Now I have an engine failure on my brutale 750s (2004) and looks like repairing the motor would be more expensive than buying another one. So this is my first post because I'm thinking for an upgrade to 910s or 1000s (if I find one). I read in past posts that both engines will "bolt" in my frame with the 1000s needing more stuff like ECU & cabling. I have a few questions for those who know if the following parts from the 750s will fit & work as supposed on the 910s motor:
1. the injectors from the 750s fit on the 910s ?
2. the ECU ? and if yes, do I need a new eprom chip ?
3. cooling, air intake and other parts I think are the same. Just need a confirmation.

ps. bonus "sick" question: Are the newer than 2009 motors (like the 1090rr) "bolt" in older frames ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 09:53 AM

New Site Garage
Hi, welcome to the forum.
Read some more on the various models, this has been discussed a bit.
Brutale wiring harness is different to F4.
F4 1000S uses same ECU as 750, different injectors and EPROM with wiring harass to suit.
1090 is after 2010 and motor will fitt, different wiring harness and ECU.
Good luck, it's doable.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 02:13 PM

What catastrophically failed?? Just curious to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 02:28 PM
Al-

A 910s would be the easiest to do as you can use the same wiring harness. You'll need to change the eprom and injectors to match the engine. Any 4cyl MV engine will bolt in, but some will require extensive wiring changes and accessory parts as well as ECU tuning to run correctly.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Hi, welcome to the forum.
Read some more on the various models, this has been discussed a bit.
Brutale wiring harness is different to F4.
F4 1000S uses same ECU as 750, different injectors and EPROM with wiring harass to suit.
1090 is after 2010 and motor will fitt, different wiring harness and ECU.
Good luck, it's doable.
You mean the hole throttle bodies or just the 4 injectors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laducsp View Post
What catastrophically failed?? Just curious to know.
The bike had a bad history. Ocationally the cylinders 1 & 2 were not working at low revs. Replacing spark plugs solved the problem for quite a wile, coils & pipes changed some other time. Now at a detailed check it had low compression in cylinders 1 & 2 (6 & 7 while had 11 at 3 & 4) and decided to open and have a look. It needs some parts to get it fixed but only the new piston rings are sold for 600euro for 4 piston sets. Plus the time to collect all the new parts needed that might go more than 2 months, plus, plus+++

I made a quick search on the net and a 750s and 910s motor is about 1000-1500 euro. There is also a complete but crushed 1090rr (2011) that has all parts needed for that upgrade.

What would you do?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 07:49 PM

A 1090RR motor in the 750 frame would be my idea of fun, might be hard to keep the front wheel on the ground though! The electrical/tronics side might be tricky to work out too.

If you get anything other than another 750 engine you will want the throttle bodies and injectors.
Later 910 also used different ecu, radiator ( two fans) and no doubt a few other bits.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 03:42 PM
Al-

If you can get the complete 1090 bike, do the swap. I swapped my 750 f4 to a corsacorta and it would be even easier on a brutale. I will stress that you'll need the complete bike, harness, ecu, dash, keys etc. The electronics are the tricky part, but if you can read a wiring diagram it shouldn't be bad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode