Brutale 910 Countershaft end float question - MVAgusta.net
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sundodger
  • 1 Post By Donsy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-03-2016, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Brutale 910 Countershaft end float question

I finally got around to changing the countershaft oil seal and as I posted previously, when I removed the sprocket to access the seal I found that the sprocket nut wasn't pulling everything up hard (the nut come loose with a short ratchet and a standard 'grunt'). This I now believe was the cause of the oil leak in the first place.
On cleaning everything up prior to reassembly it was apparent that the lock washer had moved out of position slightly when it was last assembled. The problem may even go back to build because the bike is still running the original chain and sprockets. Basically the slots on the lock washer that are supposed to mate with the countershaft splines were slightly out of wack which turned them over as the nut was pulled up, this is probably the reason why the assembly had come loose over time.
Having sorted that out I put everything back together and torqued up the nut.
The question I have for the forum gurus is, the end float that was apparent on the countershaft previously is now gone. I am assuming that this is normal and was only evident before because of the issue with the lock washer/nut. Is everything OK or should there be some end float after reassembly?
claudiop likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 02:59 AM

New Site Garage
There should not be any end float.
claudiop likes this.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 04:15 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks Donsy. I assumed that the action of tightening the nut would draw the countershaft shoulder up against the inner bearing race and at the same time pull the sleeve and sprocket against the outer side of the inner bearing race, thus locking the whole assembly together. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a trick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 04:19 AM

New Site Garage
Do worries mate, I just checked on 4 different gearboxes, all good.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode