2012 F4R overheating - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

2012 F4R overheating

Hi, I have a 2012 mv F4R with 3000 miles, yesterday for first time the bike is displaying on the dash "stop the engine coolant temp hight" the temp bar goes all the way up but the coolant is not even hot. The bike have a microtec ecu,mv corse slip on and the heater decat. the bike was professional dino tune by my local shop 2 years ago, I took the microbic and put back the original ecu and a soon your turn the key the fan start and the dash keep overheating( the bike is completed cold) so i believe is the coolant temp sensor # 8000B3497 I think this is the part number.
can somebody please tell me how to test this sensor for resisting I got a very good multimeter. also if somebody have one of this as spare I will buy it if you don't need it.
sorry for my gramma english is not my strong language.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

I just tested the coolant temp sensor with the engine dead cold is reading 165.1 ohm and if I turn the key on the fan start and the display show full bar.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 10:37 PM

New Site Garage
Yup, sounds like the Sensor's dead mate. And put the Microtec back.
Do you have the brand name and part number on the sensor, that way you might be able to get an alternative since you don't say where you are on this little planet ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

I'm located in the bay area Ca, the part number that I need is 8000b3497, yes i put the microtec back to verify the temp readout it show 250f when the bike is dead cold, now let see how I'm going to find that part? since mv is not shipping parts ( that is what i hear)
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 01:24 AM

New Site Garage
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poser8261980 View Post
I'm located in the bay area Ca, the part number that I need is 8000b3497, yes i put the microtec back to verify the temp readout it show 250f when the bike is dead cold, now let see how I'm going to find that part? since mv is not shipping parts ( that is what i hear)
I know what the MV part number is, I need the part number from the actual sensor on your bike, it will also probably have a manufacturer name on it , if you take this to an auto dealer, chances are they will cross reference it for you and get you another one.
Or give it to me and I will find the part for you elsewhere.

MV does not make temperature sensors, they buy them and put them on the bikes.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

this the sensor is make by euroswitch the part number got some damage when i try to removed it read 5801x02( I'm missing the X number)if anybody can help me verifying the number on their bike it will be very helpful.

Thanks "gotojoe" - 58012302 is the full part number from Euroswitch.
Attached Images

Last edited by Donsy; 09-07-2016 at 07:05 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Poser8261980 For This Useful Post:
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 07:15 PM

New Site Garage
Thank mate, I'll start looking, can I have a picture of the plug also, just to see the pins and the little grooves to be able to pick the same part excactly.
Have you spoken to Moto Forza to see if they might have apart for you ?

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

yes i call them but they don't have in stock they said it like 2 week to order from MV witch I don't believe it since mv distribution center is not sending part to the usa
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

here is the pic, it look like a ducati plug
Attached Images

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 10:24 PM

New Site Garage
Only two wires ?
Manufacturer 1 - http://www.euroswitch.cc/en/h-col-123.html
Model 580 by the looks of it - http://www.hidramatic.com/en/tempera...erature-probes
This is the best one I could find - http://www.ifm.com/ifmaus/web/pmain/...0_010_020.html

It's hard without thread size and plug pin layout - This is what I would do if I where you mate - Go to an auto car parts supplier, or another bike parts supplier. - Take that sensor with you and see if they can cross reference in their catalogues or picture/measure match something up for you. This is what I recently did - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=189666

Tridon - http://www.tridon.com.au/products/Tr...rature-sensors
On page 172 is where it gets good for us with the older bikes, it might not be right for you, but I'm thinking you'll see what I mean - there has to be a similar part somewhere out near you. Probably page 189 for what you're looking for ?
If you struggle with that, download the catalogue from here - http://www.tridon.com.au/catalogues/

Good luck mate - Maybe one of your fellow F4 Y10+ riders will come along and give us the whole undamaged part number which will make cross referencing much easier.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Last edited by Donsy; 09-06-2016 at 10:30 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode