Neutral Switch - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Neutral Switch

The neutral switch in my 2001 F4 750 is not working, so I decided to pull it out and see if I can free it up. How do you get it out? I have searched the forums, but I have not seen anything specific to the 750. It looks to be 13mm, but aside from the attached wire being a problem for a socket, the plastic part connecting the wire to the sensor is too big for a 13mm socket to slide over. Not enough room for a crows foot. Maybe a box end bent at a 90? Or maybe there is some obvious thing I am missing? Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 08:43 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenbiken View Post
The neutral switch in my 2001 F4 750 is not working, so I decided to pull it out and see if I can free it up. How do you get it out? I have searched the forums, but I have not seen anything specific to the 750. It looks to be 13mm, but aside from the attached wire being a problem for a socket, the plastic part connecting the wire to the sensor is too big for a 13mm socket to slide over. Not enough room for a crows foot. Maybe a box end bent at a 90? Or maybe there is some obvious thing I am missing? Thanks in advance for any help.
It's not a 750 specific part, it's the same on that whole generation of MV's.
You need an open end deep socket, I made one using a grinder the second time around.
The first time I did it I didn't have time so I cut the wire long enough to allow me to re-join it later, then just used a deep socket with the wiring squashed up inside it. Crude, I know, but it worked.
Examples in the pictures.
Attached Images

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Donsy. I just sacrificed a 13mm 12pt deep socket and cut the notch in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 12:56 PM

New Site Garage
I am going to resurrect this to ask, what did you find when you removed the sensor?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode