Clicking noise for short time when ignition goes on - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Clicking noise for short time when ignition goes on

I have a video of it but cant work out how to get it on here, however Im sure you can guess what I mean.

Ignition on and I get a rapid clicking noise for 5 sec then fine and I can start and bike runs fine. It has 2700 miles on clock and a 2011 Brutale 920.

Never used to do this and just started.

Its not the Starter relay as many say as bike starts well first time on the button.

UPDATE - Its this black box left hand side noise is coming from and its vibrating, what is it?

http://[IMG]http://s47.photobucket.c....jpg[/IMG]

Sheldon

MV Brutale 920 2012 White - Current
MV F41000R 2007 Black/Silver/Red - Gone

Last edited by Donsy; 08-30-2016 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Trying to fix image
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 08:58 AM

Have a read through some of these:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/search...archid=8148313

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/search...archid=8148353

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/search...archid=8148369

Kag

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 09:17 AM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerzz View Post
I have a video of it but cant work out how to get it on here, however Im sure you can guess what I mean.

Ignition on and I get a rapid clicking noise for 5 sec then fine and I can start and bike runs fine. It has 2700 miles on clock and a 2011 Brutale 920.

Its not the Starter relay as many say as bike starts well first time on the button.

UPDATE - Its this black box left hand side noise is coming from and its vibrating, what is it?

Sheldon
Ok, you need to post Maintenence issues in the appropriate section mate, you also need to have a look at the workshop manuals and parts lists, this will help you identify the part/relay which is causing this system.
Your picture disappeared?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Last edited by Donsy; 08-30-2016 at 09:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerzz View Post

Sheldon

Sheldon..Pop round if you're stuck . I know the relay and I should have one here.

joe 07875 299281
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 08:40 AM

It is the exup valve servo, you probably need to get a replacement, try lubricating the wires that come out of this box and goes to the mid section of the exhaust pipe.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pragmatic View Post
It is the exup valve servo, you probably need to get a replacement, try lubricating the wires that come out of this box and goes to the mid section of the exhaust pipe.

aha..Is the Exup valve servo in the top left position the op has indicated ?

Joe
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Joe

Thank you!

Sorry I not been in touch had house broken into 2 weeks ago and the Golf R was stolen (to order) and getting the MV to a mate garage safe was a priority and not looked at since. I will be in touch soon. Thank you (Your always good to me)

Cheers guys Il read those when I get 5 min (Dealing with insurance companies is SOOOOO much fun)

Sheldon

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 11:20 AM

Sheldon,

The part you are having troubles with is: 8000B2126 VALVE, MUFFLER ACTUATOR. It should cost around 300 Euros before tax. I would recommend you to fix the part and the underlying problem for much cheaper. I will upload the pictures I have on this problem, if I can. The problem is, the couple of wires that run from the actuator to the exhaust. 8000B4114 and 8000B4109 named CABLE, CLOSING, ACTUATOR VALVE and CABLE, OPENING, ACTUATOR VALVE respectively. They are about 30 euros a piece. These get increased friction forces if you live in a high humidity area, and if the lower shied in the exhaust is not enough to protect this moving part system from the elements. The system is very simple, it is a servo setup, where the final gear is connected to a helical gear, and the position sensor, but is made out of plastic.

To fix this, there is an easy way that takes more time, and a difficult but fast way.

Easy way,

1) get the seat out,
2) unbolt the tank,
3) undo the screws holding ignition key plate. Don't loose the spacers!
4) Remove the gas hosing, and overflow hose.
5) Remove the box from the chassis, keeping the back plate on the box! Mind the wire loom!

Fast way,

1a) Undo 3 8mm bolts holding the actuator in place,
2a) Undo wire loom
3a) twist the box under the chassis to access it under the chassis

Either way:

6) Disassemble the Phillips screws from the box to take a look at the plastic final gear. The final gear is the one directly connected to the metal piece that holds the two cables in place!
7)If it is not damaged (unlikely if the ticking sound is present and persistent), reassemble the box, loosen the wires and apply generous amounts of lubrication into the cables. Once you lubricate the top end, it makes sense to lubricate the bottom end as well. This will be easy if you leave the cables out of the box. However, this bottom end is a fiddle to get loose. Always assemble the bottom end first as the ergonomics of the job is terrible if you don't have a workbench.
8) If the piece is damaged, have a cnc shop machine you a replacement final gear, and reassemble after lubricating the wires.

I have one servo that needs refurbishment and the cables that are already refurbished. If you want these parts, I can give you a deal on them, just PM me.

I hope you have an easy time getting your money from insurers, and that you will excuse my English skills.

Last edited by pragmatic; 08-31-2016 at 11:23 AM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thank you soo much. I really need to get her back in my garage and strip the box out and see. As this is just the buttery fly value to try and give low down torque, cant I just remove it and disconnect the wires?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode