No fuel on injectors 1 and 4 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

No fuel on injectors 1 and 4

Good day mates I'm new to this forum I have a 2003 mv agusta f4 evo 3 1+1.Here is my problem the bike has been parked up for about three years because I was studying overseas. Recently I've returned home and I took her out of storage. Here is a list of things I've done so far.
New Battery
new Fuel pump and filter (change fuel lines)
cleaned and tested all injectors (they all work)
New iridium spark plus
Cleaned the fuel tank
flushed the cooling system
Disconnected all electrical connection clean and replaced with dielectric grease
Change oil and oil filter
Cleaned air filter, greased over the hub bearings both front and back

The problem however is when I fire her up she fires only on #2 and 3 cylinders I'm getting sparks in all cylinders but I'm only getting fuel in no 2 and 3 injectors number's 1 and 4 no fuel but I'm getting a 12v reading when tested. I have traced the grey/red wire back to the ecu, when earthed and released I'm getting minimum fuel into the cylinder. I'm stomped as to what may be the problem. Is it that I need a new ecu? Or is this an earthing issue. Any help and advice would greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Kurt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 10:16 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
#2 and 3 injectors both fire at the same time (as do the spark plugs). #1 and 4 do the same.
You have spark but no injector?
ECU grounds the injector circuit to fire the injectors. Duration of ground (duty cycle) determines fuel mixture.
Battery voltage at both injectors and continuity to ECU on ground path wiring from injectors? Sounds like ECU. Check the pins and sockets on the ECU plug related to those injectors for corrosion or damage.
If you have a Power Commander disconnect it and try again.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 01:18 PM

New Site Garage
ultrasone cleaning of injectors?

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Yes ultrasonic cleaning of injectors was done and they squirt perfectly,pins were checked and cleaned of corrosion and there is continuity through the grey/red wire from the injector to the ecu.The green/red has a 12.6v constant reading and the grey/red wire from the ecu gives a 12v reading once the bike is started.As i stated before if i earth the grey/red wire there is a bit of activity from the injectors once the fuel burns out is back to 2 and 3 cylinders firing.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 04:52 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Then the ECU is not firing #2 & 3.... merc07 is the wiz on 1.6 ECUs

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 06:51 AM

Hi Kurt, I tried to reply to your PM but this shite system doesn't allow me to, on top of not allowing to view any pics still !

Can you email me instead ?
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 01:00 PM

I had problems responding to pms and pics problem too.
Joe
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 01:25 PM

Kurt...just a suggestion but.....
As we all know dielectric grease is an electrical insulator. In pin type connectors you can lose connection as the pin floats in the grease.
I'd be tempted to clean out the injector and or ecu connector with a bit of electrical cleaner to clean out excess grease or WD40 and see what happens.

Good luck !
Joe

Last edited by gotojoe; 07-27-2016 at 03:59 PM.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 07:00 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotojoe View Post
Kurt...just a suggestion but.....
As we all know dielectric grease is an electrical insulator. In pin type connectors you can lose connection as the pin floats in the grease.
Good luck !
Joe
No!

Research it folks

http://www.w8ji.com/dielectric_greas...ive_grease.htm ....

I use it on every electrical connection and never have problems........and I live 3 blocks

from the Pacific Ocean..... so corrosion is a problem

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 02:25 AM

I used dielectric grease on my indicator bullet connectors once. They wouldn't work. My electrician buddy flushed the grease off with a bit of well aimed WD40 and abracadabra we have contact. No problem since.

I'd already read the article you clipped in there Noel.

and...

I've read a fair bit technical blurb on this and it's about on par with an oil thread : )

I'd use it on connectors which have a good contact pressure but not on pin contacts as the pin floats in a little coat of grease.

Anyway, it would make sense for the op to ensure that the contact area of pin 22 at the ecu is clean and operational before jumping past what might be a simple solution and messing with what may be a perfectly fine ecu.

Cheerz
Joe

Last edited by gotojoe; 07-28-2016 at 02:34 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to gotojoe For This Useful Post:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode