750 - 1000 F4 Engine Spec ID - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
MV1

Question 750 - 1000 F4 Engine Spec ID

Anyone know how to properly confirm ID the Engine size, model number detail for a 750 engine versus 1000 spec?

I have been a forum member here for over 10yrs and had owned a dedicated small series of F4's along the way, each one a 1000. The one I have currently is a 05 model F4 with a number track day/ canyon run updates to it. I picked up the bike as a re-buildable back in 07restored her back to health myself and have been using it both for the road and for the track use since, but now with almost 24,000 miles on the clock it looks like I lost the head or a head gasket in such a way that has begun to allow coolant to entire the combustion chamber in a sizable amount.

Being that we are smack dab right at the start of our very limited season here (NYC) I am considering buy a used replacement motor that I can use now and work on rebuilding or repairing the current one later on, during the long off season here in the winter.

I have come across what am told is a 1000 motor marked "MV AGUSTA F5" etched into in to the casing at the base, but have been unable to confirm definitively what model this specifically makes the motor.. 750 or 1000.?

Any info to confirm or method to check would be greatly appreciated
Thanks guys
Much appreciated
MV1

Last edited by MV1; 06-17-2016 at 10:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 04:40 PM

New Site Garage
There was a thread on this recently

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...ght=vin&page=2
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
MV1

Yes thank you Tony. That helps a bit but is not a complete lock or confirmation for me in terms of the specifics on the motor spec and how that can be used to determine CC capacity definitively.

I'll explain
How do we confirm the motor cc/model size (750 versus 1000) spec in particular? I have a 2005 1000s that came equipped from the factory obviously with a 1000 motor which is marked "MV Agusta F5" stamped on the back of the casing, with what I assume is the motor serial/vin number just beneath it starting with letter A and the number five(5) again "A5", #####

The spare motor I had picked up some time ago "just in case" and that I now hope saves my season is marked with the same "MV Agusta F5" but with a serial number series that begins with "A4" instead of A5. My question which is now more refined thanks to you is does this starting letter-number after the initial "MV Agusta F5" have any further meaning or bearing on the motor spec itself?

Everything else including head height, width etc,. dimensions are all the same I'd just like to confirm this motor vin detail before I get my hopes up.
Thanks again
Much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
MV1

Maybe dousy, knurl or cag have a spec check or measurement I can take to confirm this one way or another.?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 07:35 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Could you email the engine number to MV.They would tell you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
MV1

Hey Mitchy how's it going brother. Yeah I've been speaking to Jay over at MV USA for sometime now looking source some other items I've been looking for outside of this current issue that just came up this past week.

He's kinda had his hands full there lately it would appear and hasn't been returning calls as frequently as he once did not too long ago.

In any event and from what I can gather from looking at the engine numbers on the motors of the two or three F4's currently on ebay at the moment,. it looks like there is a relevance between both numbers "MV AGUSTA" but the second series digit is always one number in sequence lower then the first F-series title number that comes before it, with the 750's coming with a "F4" just after the "MV AGUSTA" followed by a A3 series id number before five digit engine serial number together on the line below.
While the 1000s come marked "F5" just after but in the same line as the "MV AGUSTA" followed by the serial number just below on the line beneath it but starting with "A4" or A5 just in front of the serial number.

Last edited by MV1; 06-18-2016 at 08:59 PM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 04:20 AM
Established Member

I seem to remember FBF doing some F5's with their big bore kit for 750s. Could be related???

F4 750: EVO2 engine, CNC Mitchs Hub, CNC water pump, FBF clip ons, Uprated chain tensioner, PCIII, Ceramic headers, RG3s, Talon 520 conversion, Oro wheels, +40,000miles and counting.......
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
MV1

Yeah again from everything I was able to gather myself on this subject so far the F5 designation just after the "MV AGUSTA" tagging on the block-casing is the indicator that the motor is a 1000cc version.

*It's the first digit in the engine Serial series beginning with the letter "A" below on the second line just beneath MV AGUSTA that had me wondering or questioning the relevance of. Some appear to be marked with a 4 after the A and others are marked with a 5 after this A just in front of the serial number.

On my bike's original motor it reads MV AGUSTA F5 followed below with A5 and serial #####. On the replacement motor it reads the same MV AGUSTA F5 on the first line but with A4 and serial number ##### below it, which is why I'm questioning the significance of this starting digit of the serial number sequence after the letter "A".

Maybe if anyone one has a spare minute today they can confirm the sequence of this first digit after the A on the lower line by just checking what number they have when view the back of the engine casing from the swing arm area below the MV AGUSTA F# etching, viewed just below the rear brake caliper reservoir at the back of the motor and see what comes after the A for the 1000's or 750's on the lower second line etching.

Thanks in advance
MV1

Last edited by MV1; 06-20-2016 at 11:25 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode