Vibrations through handle bars while riding - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 05:49 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to mvagusta
Unhappy Vibrations through handle bars while riding

I have a late 06 plate F4-1000 nero model - matt black - mileage now 2200 miles.

At about 1750 miles I began to get really high pitch vibrations through the bars when bike was revved over 6000 prm, steadily getting worse at about 10,000 rom or so. really vibey ! ! especially when doing about 85 -100 mph (on the track of course)

Didn't appear to be doing it at slower speeds - seems to be geting worse - its not a shaking, but a really odd vibration.

When I pull the clutch in when it is doing this, the vibration disappears and the bike runs smoothly along. If I rev the engine with the clutch in the vibration is still there but not as acute ! !

I have taken the bike back to my dealer on numerous ocassions and they have said they can't find anything, or MV's do that ! !

I took it back again last week as it was still doing it and really annoying me and concerning me - I asked the mechanic who used to sort my previous MV to take a look.

He said that he had found the vibration and that it was an odd one. they now agree there is a problem, but after checking and tightening engine mounts, steering head under yoke, all bolts etc. and gearbox etc. dont' know what is caucing it ! !

It really is annoying as it didn't do this before 1750 miles. Its a really strong high pitch vibration - it really makes your fingers tingle after a short ride ! ! - I don't want to get white finger ! !

can anyone help or have they experienced a similar problem ?

Thanks

Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode