07 910S Fueling Issues - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

07 910S Fueling Issues

Hi,

I have a 910S currently in my garage that a friend from USA bought for going to this year's TT...recent introduction thread:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=172530

The issue right now is that it seems to have developed a fueling problem where it runs very rich most of the time. When starting from cold, it will cut out a couple of times if left on tick-over and below 4k rpm it is a little rough even when up to running temp. It still pulls strong through the rev range but smells very rich and under moderate/hard acceleration will throw out grey smoke and often pop between gear changes under harder acceleration.
This seems to be more pronounced after the service I gave it last week (Irridium plugs, BMC airfilter, oil & filter). I have been using super unleaded (99 octane) and it will be on the fuel light in less than 90miles...not massively unreasonable but maybe a bit thirsty because of the over-fueling?

I have booked it in for a rolling road session on Friday to see if they can diagnose anything but was wondering if any of the above issues sound familiar or obvious? The dynojet center I am booked in to says that if it needs a re-map (due to the exhaust) then this is impossible as the ECU's are locked and Dynojet UK don't list a PC for this bike.

Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks.

Gavin78

2007 Brutale 910S
MV Corse cat delete and cans

2012/14 MV F4
QD exhaust & classy red rim tape!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 07:01 AM

New Site Garage
Sorry your having trouble with the Brutale, I read your original post when you had just purchased.
I would suggest wait until the rolling road check it will direct you to a correct diagnosis, it may just need a tune and bought into line with the MV's specification, was it there when you picked it up? If so the new performance parts added would highlight the issue further. Good luck and keep us informed of your outcome.

MV F4 750 EVO3 2003
MV Brutale 910s 2007
Honda VFR800 1998
Honda MBX 125 FE 1983
F4 Agusta mini moto replica
Chinese Quadbike made of peanut butter (crunchy).
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Hi Chris, no, nothing obvious when the bike was ridden back home on day 1....it was very difficult to discern any specific issues as it is significantly different to previous experience (all Honda, i'm afraid!) and it is so damn loud with the Corse pipe that it drowns out pretty much any other noise or obvious issue!
I noticed it wasn't running quite right after an 80 mile round trip last week - a little grey smoke on start up and a less compliant ride on low throttle....that's what instigated the service and subsequent reported problems.

Gavin78

2007 Brutale 910S

2012/14 MV F4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 07:32 AM

Where are you based ?

If you can get an afr bung or 2 fitted before the rolling road I have a data logger system that will log the fueling and ECU data - the EPROM can then be tuned accordingly - that is if the fuel map is what is at fault.

Make sure the idle afr and tps are correct to start with - if the fuel adjustment pot is tweaked out of spec then the whole map will be out.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

Hi Merc, I am in Worcester....is that anywhere near you?

It is the same mid pipe as on this thread:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1289

So, has bung for an o2 sensor already.

I am guessing there are threads on here about checking and tolerances for idle AFR and TPS?

Gavin78

2007 Brutale 910S

2012/14 MV F4
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 08:07 AM

Not a million miles, Bristol
Bungs would be better in the down tubes but that one should work OK.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

So, spent most of the evening on the MV to see if there was anything obvious that may have been contributing to the problems as they seemed to only appear after I serviced it. My buddy (who's bike it is) suggested going back to the original plugs rather than iridium so that obviously necessitated removal of the tank and airbox. I found that the plug in cyl 1 was more 'coked-up' than the other 3 then noticed that the bell mouth on cyl 1 was also out of position...maybe lifted approx 1mm on the out side. Not sure if false air above the butterfly is an issue or maybe just a combination of non-iridium plugs, removing and refitting the airbox and generally taking more care during the rebuild process has had the desired effect.

Anyway, only had chance for a short ride around the block so will look to test it a bit further tomorrow...however, so far so good. No excess smoke that I could identify and definitely a cleaner throttle response at low/part throttle.

Thanks for the advice...will post once I have a definitive answer!

Gavin78

2007 Brutale 910S

2012/14 MV F4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode