Cam chain tensioner - Page 14 - MVAgusta.net
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 11:28 AM

F4rr

Got motor valve cover off and under close inspection there is a tiny bit of slack in the timing chain with original TCC in place working properly , I am no expert here but I am leaning towards the conclusion that the stock TCC does not put enough pressure on the timing chain guides which in turn causes a bit of slack and the noises we are hearing !
at 17,000km i even took it upon my self to install stock (BLACK) TCC in my bike and once TCC had pushed to its desired location , i made a small rod or a drift pin to carefully advance the TCC one tooth more , then i installed a small ball bearing on the back side of the spring that is loaded into the TCC , I did this to add a bit more PUSH or pressure resistance on the chain , i also made the rod that goes into the TCC almost exactly the length of the void inside the TCC to insure that the TCC could never back out as some have experienced.

I will be getting the manual TCC and see if this helps most have said it will , i will also be installing it with a new timing chain , I will be rotating the motor once installed and be checking chain at several different timing locations to see if there is any difference in tension ,

will post pics soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 02:56 PM
Established Member

First thing to do now is to do nothing!

You need the slack in the chain, if you tighten it away, it will snap 100%. It will have approx 1,5 mm of play between the cam gears when normal tightness.

DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN IT!
revhead1957 and nigelrb like this.
post #133 of 137 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViggenF4 View Post
First thing to do now is to do nothing!

You need the slack in the chain, if you tighten it away, it will snap 100%. It will have approx 1,5 mm of play between the cam gears when normal tightness.

DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN IT!
It should only move a few mm when actually forcing it with your fingers. I hope that's what you meant. There should be absolutely 0 slack while it's just sitting there. Should be taught.

Ex Silentium Adveho Nex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #134 of 137 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 01:09 AM
Established Member

Thats what i meant. I wrote about that on my thread earlier, on 750/910 hybrid thread. I used spring scale when i pulled between the cam gears, if i remember correct it was 5kg and 1.5mm.

F4 910
post #135 of 137 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 01:15 AM
Established Member

Correction. It was 4kg and 1.65mm...

F4 910
post #136 of 137 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 06:08 AM

Has anyone successfully used the Kawasaki CCT suggested earlier in this thread? Back then it was 77 now 114.

James M.
post #137 of 137 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnicrow View Post
Has anyone successfully used the Kawasaki CCT suggested earlier in this thread? Back then it was 77 now 114.

GOT MY kx 250 cct IN MY BIKE ~! was installed when i was haveing valve clearances checked so the timing chain was exposed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode