Cam chain tensioner - Page 13 - MVAgusta.net
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 01:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissinn View Post
So happy people have found success with this! Any mileage updates??
@[email protected] will get back to you on this!!
swissinn likes this.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2011 CBR1000RR : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 02:52 PM

manual TCC

I have read this entire thread 3 times and i am defiantly ordering one !
My 2013 F4RR has had first original TCC replaced at 13,000km to the new style black ones , I am now at 29,000km on bike and for the last 10,oookm i have been hearing a chain slap or rattle on decell sounds like a rattle snake only for a second if you get back on the power it will never happen ,
bike runs perfectly bu at this time she is opened up for valve adjustment , so to try and remedy this chain noise i am hearing i will do all pre measurements, up down chain deflection with current TCC in place .
one valves are adjusted i will install new adjustable TCC and tighten until up down deflection between the cam gears is minimal , but not tight ! I will rotate motor and inspect chain a few times at different areas of timing to see if the chain stays the same .
I really hope this helps the rattle snake noise will be gone !
Also i will be modifying the end of the TCC so its adjustable with a wrench instead of a screwdriver ( the rad is in the way ) this is a super tight spot !

Now with all this said i am looking for a replacement timing chain as my bike has 29,000km and its open heart surgery time right now LOL can someone point me in a direction for a good aftermarket timing chain

will try to post pics in a few days of the process
post #123 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelrb View Post
@[email protected] will get back to you on this!!
You need to actually own an MV for this fix to work...
nigelrb likes this.

Ex Silentium Adveho Nex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulookin View Post
I have read this entire thread 3 times and i am defiantly ordering one !
My 2013 F4RR has had first original TCC replaced at 13,000km to the new style black ones , I am now at 29,000km on bike and for the last 10,oookm i have been hearing a chain slap or rattle on decell sounds like a rattle snake only for a second if you get back on the power it will never happen ,
bike runs perfectly bu at this time she is opened up for valve adjustment , so to try and remedy this chain noise i am hearing i will do all pre measurements, up down chain deflection with current TCC in place .
one valves are adjusted i will install new adjustable TCC and tighten until up down deflection between the cam gears is minimal , but not tight ! I will rotate motor and inspect chain a few times at different areas of timing to see if the chain stays the same .
I really hope this helps the rattle snake noise will be gone !
Also i will be modifying the end of the TCC so its adjustable with a wrench instead of a screwdriver ( the rad is in the way ) this is a super tight spot !

Now with all this said i am looking for a replacement timing chain as my bike has 29,000km and its open heart surgery time right now LOL can someone point me in a direction for a good aftermarket timing chain

will try to post pics in a few days of the process
I still remember the day I installed this unit. The bike was transformed from a diesel to a jet turbine. It was that quiet. My R1M is louder and it's new. No comparison. You'll love it.

Ex Silentium Adveho Nex
post #125 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
I still remember the day I installed this unit. The bike was transformed from a diesel to a jet turbine. It was that quiet. My R1M is louder and it's new. No comparison. You'll love it.

hey SWISSIN i see your from Ottawa area i am in Toronto ! maybe we can chat through text bounce some ideas , my bike is up a Dukes Of Cycle here in Toronto Carmine is working on it , I know him well so he lets me stick my nose in there and tripple check things LOL

416 565 9825 Duane Hamilton
post #126 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Would you recommend a new timing chain at 29,000km I have ordered one so i am thinking while motor is opened up i should get this done ?
looking forward to my bike sounding healthy LOL ,
post #127 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 01:38 PM
Established Member

I bet your cam chain is almost like new, its the tensioner that causes trouble. Or rather the lack of constant tension with the stock tensioner.

With the manual CCT, your bike will run like a complitely different bike, on the old cam chain!

Why you opening the motor?
post #128 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViggenF4 View Post
I bet your cam chain is almost like new, its the tensioner that causes trouble. Or rather the lack of constant tension with the stock tensioner.

With the manual CCT, your bike will run like a complitely different bike, on the old cam chain!

Why you opening the motor?

i have the valves being done so motor is open right now well valve cover is off !
post #129 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulookin View Post
Would you recommend a new timing chain at 29,000km I have ordered one so i am thinking while motor is opened up i should get this done ?
looking forward to my bike sounding healthy LOL ,
Can't hurt. But not sure its completely necessary.

Ex Silentium Adveho Nex
post #130 of 137 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 08:08 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Quote:
Can't hurt. But not sure its completely necessary.

It could hurt....if the person doing the chain doesn't follow protocol!

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode