Brutale S 750 Batterie issue - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Brutale S 750 Batterie issue

Hi Guys,

today I wanted to install the battey in my Brutale and have connect it wrong for the short time maybe 15 seconds, as soon as I have realised it I unpluged it... Then I installed it right and started the engine... It works and runs ok, all the electrical features are funcional, but the batterie light is always on. I also made the test, to unplug the batterie but the engine died. So I think the alternator got something... I would appreciate any suggestions and help.

Thank you all in advance.

Best regards,

Ziga

2005 - MV Agusta Brutale 750 S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
I have seen that the 40A - 32V Fuse was damaged, so I changed it and it's working for now I hope. 😊 But if someone has a suggestion what to check, please tell.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 05:18 PM

New Site Garage
And another one does it.
If it's going okay now, then it should be okay mate.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 08:49 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Exclamation Wtf?????

when are you folks going to read the warnings Donsy and I posted??????

at least take a picture of the connections.......

the red goes to positive

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Guys, thanks for the Info, but I have done it hundred of time before, but somehow I just put it in... Shit happens... Now it seems she's ok, so I hope she will remain so. 😊

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 10:18 PM

New Site Garage
Hahaha, you're probably not last one either. You where probably lucky that you didn't start the bike before noticing your mistake.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Maybe I would have, tu as soon as I wanted to put on the circle, the Fan started running from it self, so I realized it, somethings wrong... 😊 But it seems that the Fuse saved further damage... (I hope so)...
Donsy what about the alternator test, can I test it like that: starting the engine and then unplug the battery, as I know the bike should then run buy itself, if I'm not wrong? Thanks for your support. 😊😉

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 01:42 AM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziga_SLO View Post
Maybe I would have, tu as soon as I wanted to put on the circle, the Fan started running from it self, so I realized it, somethings wrong... 😊 But it seems that the Fuse saved further damage... (I hope so)...
Donsy what about the alternator test, can I test it like that: starting the engine and then unplug the battery, as I know the bike should then run buy itself, if I'm not wrong? Thanks for your support. 😊😉
Technically it might be possible for the bike to run just from the power generated by the battery, but physically it's not that easy because you can't just remove the wires from the battery as the battery is part of the circuit.
The way to test the alternator is with a Multimeter across the battery terminals as described in the fault finding part of the manual.
If the alternator is faulty, the battery light usually lights up on the dash.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 05:40 AM

you blew a fuses no big deal ! doubt there is any other damage if all else is working.

do not disconnect the battrey while the bike is running! you need a volt to make an amp! the alternator can't make amperage wihtout the battrey. if you have around 14.5 volts while the bike is running around 2000 rpm your ok. check the manual for actual rpm vs output voltage.

also always disconnect the negative termanal first and install last when working on the battrey. this way if your wrench touches the frame you wouldn't short to it.

even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while!!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Technically it might be possible for the bike to run just from the power generated by the battery, but physically it's not that easy because you can't just remove the wires from the battery as the battery is part of the circuit.
The way to test the alternator is with a Multimeter across the battery terminals as described in the fault finding part of the manual.
If the alternator is faulty, the battery light usually lights up on the dash.
the bike will run fine with just the battrey as long as it has enough power

even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode