mvagusta.net needs your help - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
mvagusta.net needs your help

Hello everyone,

I Have been recently contacted by someone representing MV Agusta SpA. It is certainly understandable because I am using mvagusta in my domain: mvagusta.net. They are claiming infringement of its trademark registrations in the United States.

I am asking anyone if they know of what I can do. I am prepared to simply use another domain name as there is much content on my site that many MV Owners/fans can use. I am simply stunned that MV Agusta SpA would like to take the domain from me after I have created a site practically worshipping MV Agusta as a great company.

If anyone has any contacts with someone I can speak to about working this incident out with MV Agusta SpA because of the content of my site and how it is working in favor of MV Agusta SpA -- please let me know. If anything -- I will simply stop usage of the domain name and switch to another. Unfortunately, I just do not see how obtaining the domain name from me can better them towards the future of their company.

For those of you who have websites devoted to MV Agusta content, please be advised of the situation. Good luck all-

Thanks
Alvin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 04:38 PM

Angry Leave it up to corporate...

Leave it up to corporate to decide the fate of your site? That stinks! Your site is great. The best photos, informative and helpful... I know why they want you to change it, but honestly, you're not selling anything or being negative. I'm sorry for your hassles.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Well its mainly the web address they are after. All the content is good and will always stay. I worked hard on this site and its future is definately great --
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 08:28 PM

Lightbulb Write Claudio

Alvin, this may sound a bit over the top but I would write a formal, certified letter to Claudio Castiglioni. I am sure the individual who contacted you was simply "doing their job". As you correctly said, your site practically worhships the MV Agusta line, both past and present. It in no way is a money making enterprise. I truly believe that once the MV Agusta management views your site and sees just how good it is they will leave you alone. They, more than anyone, know just how limited the internet exposure of their company and product line is. Your site is top notch and falls right into the vein of high quality that they are known for with their machines. Give it a shot, what do you have to lose?

Last edited by dgalleo; 07-21-2005 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Spelling Corrections
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

So who has some contact information? E-mail?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 10:03 PM

Exclamation MV Agusta/Claudio Castiglioni Contact Information

Alvin, this should get your letter directly to the man or at least his secretary. Good luck.

MV Agusta
c/o Claudio Castiglioni
Via G. Macchi, 144 (Schiranna)
21100 - Varese - ITALY
[email protected]
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 03:29 PM

Send a message via MSN to rbaehler Send a message via Skype™ to rbaehler
Alvin

I just wrote a E-Mail to MV Agusta S.p.A to verify the letter we got. Yes, I also received a letter from Studio Legale Perani in Milano, which says, I shall immediately cancel my doman name mv-agusta.info.

So, i am waiting for an answer. Keep you informed.

Cheers
Ruedi
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 05:31 AM

Guys

By using "mvagusta" you are using THEIR company name. No use moaning about the "corporate world" and the fact that you are madly pro MV Agusta - their lawyers will say, "yes that may be true BUT MV does nor control these people and they could say or do something that may damage our (MV's) interests".

If you change your domain name a little you will probably be OK. For instance, have MV hassled the "MVaustamadness" site? I know it is a pain, but as a famous Australian gangster once said, "Such is life"....

Doc MV
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 08:25 AM

he's right..just change MV tp MY Agustanet
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Hopefully they will respond -- it is odd that they have not responded at all on this matter. The trouble with changing domains isn't simply just purchasing another domain and changing some configs on the site, but it is also all the external links go bad, all of the search engines go bad, etc. That is why i would rather speak with MV First.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode