New MVAgusta.net Version Launching soon - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
New MVAgusta.net Version Launching soon

Hello all,

MVAgusta.net will be going through a bit of a change. Some will like it, some will hate it, but it is happening. It'll be a lot cleaner of a look with more user interactive features. Much of the focus of the change has been on the home page and other surrounding areas. My goal was to make the home page a place to be visited rather than ignored.

In order to make the homepage more interesting, I will be featuring gallery images as the main focus. They will interchange and I have built extensive administrative controls in order to make it easy for me to add new ones and manage the current ones (which to display, etc). It'll be exciting to see the images that get featured and I'm sure many of you will be proud to know that your images have already been selected and are queued up for a later time.

It is also a large change to bring this site into the newest age of web technology. I have included many improvements that I use on a daily basis on my other work to make the sites content easily browsed. Hopefully you all will find this improvement as a better way to see what is new on the site, from gallery album updates, to forum threads from the main page.

I have also really focused on starting an FAQ database which will connect users to threads in the forum. It will start empty but with the help of everyone it can become an incredible database of information. The key to this has been to make it easy for users to suggest threads, and make it easy for me to manage suggestions and add them to the FAQ database. Every thread will now contain an easy link which can be clicked to automatically submit the thread as a suggestion to the FAQ. That will be all on the communities part -- and the rest will be on me to review and click "add" while thinking of an appropriate topic line for it. Simple as pie!

So to all that have loved the interchanging header of F4s, I'm sorry that this key element which has lasted for the past 5 years will be removed. However, I hope you like what is to come for the many years to come for this site.

On a side note, the STORE will still be offline but hopefully with time we will have new products I can bring online.

I'm happy to report that almost all elements have been completed (if not all of them) This has been a labor of love for the past several weeks.

Thanks all, and happy holidays!

Alvin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Here's a preview of the new homepage
Attached Images

post #3 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 10:43 PM

ahh whats not to like
great job mate look forward to seeing it live

Sanity is the playground for the un-imaginative
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 MV F4 1000S / 2006 Yamaha 50th anniversary R1 / 1998 Aprilia RS 125
1995 Suzuki RGV 250 / 2004 Cagiva Mito EVO2 / 2000 Cagiva mito
1992 Yamaha YZ250 / 1991 Kawasaki kr1s / 2010 Vespa GTS 300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 11:25 PM

Thanks for the efforts Alvin, awesome!
post #5 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 11:45 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Sweet, I love change, it keeps everyone alert

This is the most awesome site that I have been a member of, the credit for that must go to the administrator.

Thanks for making it a possiblity

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #6 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 12:13 AM

Looking forward to it Alvin....If its better than the current I'm sure i'm going to love it, as I already spend way to many hours surfing this forum.....thanks!!!

post #7 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 12:45 AM

Send a message via MSN to punisher203
woo looks really nice
awesome keep up the good work Alvin
thank you

01 MV AGUST F4S 750 RED/ SILVER (TRADE IN) (no more)
07 MV AGUST F4 1000 BK/WHT (No more)
2010 MV AUGUSTA F4 stolen 5/7/2013
new 2013 Brutale 1090RR Wht/Gold
post #8 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 03:42 AM

cool

E d w a r d B4910s08

Public Service Announcement
Tools > User CP > Your Profile > Edit Your details > Additional Information > Location
Bike Model/s
Tools > User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Signature
post #9 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 04:10 AM
Keep up the good work mate.

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #10 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 04:39 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
The new format looks fresh and more contemporary . I look forward to seeing the launch of the new revised version, but remember that old saying “Don’t fix what isn’t broken”.

Alvin have a Great Christmas holiday and a Happy New Year with your family and friends ..

John

EMAIL :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode