Move status - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Move status

Hi everyone. Here are the details so everyone isn't left in the dark.

I wanted to do a progressive move, starting with MVAgusta.net to the new server which I've had running for a month now. Due to time constraints I finally got around to do this.

Night of April 26: I attempted to do a move, closing MVAgusta.net, backing up the files, and during the file transfer the new server locked up. This repeated itself a few times and I got in contact with the datacenter to resolve the issue.

Morning of April 27: The issue was looked at, stress tests were performed on the system, the issue could not be replicated. It did however freeze again randomly.

Late Afternoon of April 27: A complete wipe of the system was done. a new RAID controller put in. I was configuring software on the server (linux server) when it locked up.

Currently the new server move has been haulted. A new motherboard is going to be swapped in place. Will keep everyone posted. Everyone can post again for now, then I will close the site to do a backup and transfer. The site MUST be closed so data isn't lost.

The gallery and registry shall not be changed. I am closing the management area for these 2 systems.

Thanks,
Alvin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

While i'm waiting for the hardware, I just updated our forum software with some security updates.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 10:42 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Mabuhay
tnx so much Admin. youre great. hope it could be solve asap.God bless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 11:13 PM
Established Member

That sucks that there are issues with the swap.....I know you will get it fixed....In the mean time I'll just and wait...
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 05:26 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Update: New server was rebuilt to specifications eliminating the hardware issues before. I've moved the primary MVAgusta.net account but have not pointed the domain (website address) to the new location. MVAgusta.net is currently reading off the database on the new server- so a change to the new server should now be seamless when the domain is updated. The only difference will be that on the old server, gallery and registry updates are unavailable.

Thanks- I need some sleep! Will continue in the morning
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 10:43 AM

Thank you. Wish I could help!

dowright
2007 910R
2008 Softail Deluxe
2008 Saxon Sceptre
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 10:57 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Hi everyone. Here are the details so everyone isn't left in the dark.

I wanted to do a progressive move, starting with MVAgusta.net to the new server which I've had running for a month now. Due to time constraints I finally got around to do this.

Night of April 26: I attempted to do a move, closing MVAgusta.net, backing up the files, and during the file transfer the new server locked up. This repeated itself a few times and I got in contact with the datacenter to resolve the issue.

Morning of April 27: The issue was looked at, stress tests were performed on the system, the issue could not be replicated. It did however freeze again randomly.

Late Afternoon of April 27: A complete wipe of the system was done. a new RAID controller put in. I was configuring software on the server (linux server) when it locked up.

Currently the new server move has been haulted. A new motherboard is going to be swapped in place. Will keep everyone posted. Everyone can post again for now, then I will close the site to do a backup and transfer. The site MUST be closed so data isn't lost.

The gallery and registry shall not be changed. I am closing the management area for these 2 systems.

Thanks,
Alvin
I have no idea what you are talking about but it sounds good.

Very high tech.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about but it sounds good.

Very high tech.
+1 what Carl said

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 01:06 PM

Does that new server have a flux capacitor?

Thank for getting this taken care of it sounds like it has been a headache!

I believe she is the Devil in a candy wrapper.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Okay, i've pointed the web address (mvagusta.net) to the new server.

To know you are reading off the new server, you will notice you do not have a red bar across the top of the site. It'll take a bit of time. Either site you should be able to post just fine!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode