MV Agusta Forum banner

Help make the gallery a better place!

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  alvin 
#1 ·
A call for help to improve the gallery: I spent many hours coding the gallery system now in place from scratch. It features an extensive tagging system which will assist you in finding photos of your favorite MV model and more. In order to get this system under way, I have implemented a photo tagging system where everyone can participate.

There are over 20,000 photos awaiting review. I have setup a system where you can help tag photos. There will soon be a "ranking" system to show who has tagged the most photos in the gallery :) with prizes going to the top ranked individuals!

http://gallery.mvagusta.net/tagphotos.php

Thanks!

#2 ·
Hmm. Sounds like you are just being really lazy. Thanks a lot.

bwahahahaha.... just kidding. :laughing::laughing:

So the person who tags the most wins? Oh man, there goes my night..... :silly:

#4 ·
This is hard. I can't tell what they are to the gallery-required detail.

Is it better to put multiple if you don't know or skip it? Will the tags be 'cleansed' later? or reviewed somehow?

#8 ·
Just member galleries are in right now. There should be the 1080 CC and i would guess the italia, i'm pulling it straight from the registry models.

If you don't know it, skip it (like if you don't know if its a 910 or 750, etc). I am probably going to make a button to enlarge the photo :)

Nothing you do is permanent, i have an intricate system that will wait for multiple people to tag the same item. If there aren't enough then I will go in and verify them all.

#9 ·
I tried to tag Photo's, but I think therefore we have really not enough choices. And the Choices should be even catagorized. As:
Racing, F4 / Brutale / Classic, Team, Rider, Event .....
Classics, Model, Owner, Event ....
History, Brochures, Manuals etc.
For an example, there came a photo of Joerg Teuchert, Team Inghart, F4 1000 312R. To tag it with 312R doesn't do justice and would not help anyone searching for Racing Images.

#11 ·
Added a few additions:

1) I pull the models registered in the registry by the owner of the photo. This will help clarify some things. The suggestions based off the models in the registry are in bold.

2) Leaderboard is up on the page on the left column. Refresh to get updates after you've done it for awhile.

3) Click the photo to get a larger one

Thanks everyone!

#12 ·
Coded up a tool for me to manually confirm tags. Right now if multiple people tag the same model in the photo then it is automatically confirmed. I have been confirming a LOT of them to speed up the process wihch only have 1 but am also finding some mistakes so it's pretty important I do this.

So far, boris has a LOT of confirms, and more to go, thanks so much. Also darkside with about half boris :)

Thanks everyone! It'll help make MVAgusta.net's gallery the best possible.

And a last shoutout to Sheriffof0 who has gone through over 800 photos but tagged 8 ;)

The leaderboard has been adjusted, sort of made a type in the display. It is ordered by the amount of photos you have tagged (it ignores the photos you skip but displays the count, also)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.