Members have been banned - an explanation - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Members have been banned - an explanation

Hello all,

Before everyone asks the normal questions about the banned members, I hope to explain it in detail here.

There is a gray area on this site in order to help the MV community inform others about products he/she have found and hope to help others interested in a similar product. There are some good examples such as the ideas being placed out there to help the F4 heating issues (fan blades, water pump modifications, etc).

There is, however, not so much of a gray area when it comes to marketing or advertising a product/company for the purpose of selling products on the site. This is to not only protect the sponsors on the site but also MVAgusta.net. The sponsors on the site assist me with paying the bills it takes to run a large site like this. If everyone was able to simply post advertisements, what good do sponsors get out of it? Why would sponsors bother to pay money on this site when others can simply market products all over the site? That is why the rules are in place.

This case happens to be the gray area. There has been a representative of a company who has repeatedly joined the site in order to blatently market products sold by a company. After repeated warnings, and then bannings, he has continued to rejoin and market leading towards another ban. However, this is where things get different. He has blatently conspired to get around the rules by posing as another person on the site, set out to simply "inspire" talk against competition, and "inspire" talk to promote the products.

After further investigation and with facts handed to me, it seems that I had to take extreme measures in order to protect the site and its community. A group of members have been banned for their attempts to coerce this type of activity. Although I will not speculate on their relations outside of the forum, it seems clear that they have all attempted to use MVAgusta.net in order to market and promote products.

Please shoot me a PM or contact me by email (info @ mv) if you have any questions or comments regarding the situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode