MV Agusta Forum banner

10 Year Anniversary

4K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  FL Ogborn 
#1 ·
Today is the 10 year anniversary of ownership of my 2005 F4 1000S that I purchased as a new leftover on Friday, June 2nd, 2006.

I remember my first ride as if it were yesterday. Good times!

Then

Now

See less See more
#11 ·
With bike development progressing so rapidly over the last decade, it's been a real challenge. Before the H2 earlier this year, the MV was the last bike I purchased brand new back in '06.

Unfortunately, my bike is showing it's age. I wish I took a little bit better care of it.

I will still at some point get some new OEM panels for it.

#13 ·
Nice Milestone

Today is the 10 year anniversary of ownership of my 2005 F4 1000S that I purchased as a new leftover on Friday, June 2nd, 2006.

I remember my first ride as if it were yesterday. Good times!
Good times indeed :yo: - Congratulations, it just shows the value of right choice as opposed to a impulsive one. :)

Hey T well done as not all of us have had the discipline to keep the latest and greatest at the time ;);) :jsm::jsm::jsm:
Some of us do J :ahhh:..........do I hear 'hoarder' in the background?... "Yes dear coming"........ "I was just talking to some guys about......nevermind". :thewife:

#15 ·
Thanks Mitchy!

I pulled the bike out the other day and took a good look at it. After I compounded it to get the fine scratches out (from cheap rags that I used when I was younger and didn't know any better... hahahahahaha) it actually looked pretty dang good.

I bought a spare Airbox for it and also a spare left side tank panel since I keep losing it.

Now all I need are some new Dzus fasteners, and a "LIKE NEW" OEM right side panel (maybe a left side too) and she'll be as good as new.

I must admit that with all the financial woes that surround MV in recent days I started paying more attention to bumping up my spares for the bike since I plan to never sell it. I might even be good for one of your hubs over the winter if you still make them.

#16 ·
Thanks everyone for the kind words and comments.

I've been on the fence about getting a new Gen MV. I just can't come to grips with the new F4's styling but I like the F3 for sure.

The only thing is that I'm not sure if I can justify buying the F3 as I may hardly ride it.

I guess I will hold out to see if MV can pull themselves out of the financial pit that they're in and also see what their new SBK will be like.

#17 · (Edited)

I have since put on an RG3 Slip-On but I'm not too thrilled with it. I got a great price on it but the tips were not in mint condition. They are pretty scratched up in a couple of sections. I need to figure out where I can get some aftermarket exhaust tips. Otherwise, the stock exhaust will go back on at some point, which I've kept in excellent condition.

#20 ·
It baffles my mind that this thing was designed in the 90s.

Took her out for a ride the other day with +5 on the rear sprocket. I love how the front comes up with ease. It gives me the perfect drive that I like with the wheel a little bit off the ground when on the gas.

#26 · (Edited)
Yeh mate, did the entire thing. Headers to tips. Ceramic coat does not affect the engraving. If anything it stands out more...but so do imperfections.

Edit: Def don't powder coat.

I didn't have to heat my tips to get them off. The OEM rivets are tough to drill out. Make sure they are replaced with stainless ones.

#28 ·
Awesome Turbo, your a bigger guy too on your MV. glad to know because I get told I look like Shrek on Donkeys back on these tiny 1000cc bike
Anodizing wont stick long term to those pipes unless they are aluminum. the electroplating process doesnt hold up.. ask me how I know ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.