MV Agusta Forum banner

2016 Dragster RR-Throttle response issues.

5K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  zulfadly 
#1 ·
My wife just picked up a 2016 Dragster RR on Friday and she seems to be having issues with the bike's throttle response; with less than 50 kms on the clock, twice now she gives it gas and nothing happens for 1 second or so and then full power kicks in. Is this a known mapping issue with the RR? She has it in sports mode. She never experienced this issue with the 2014 Brutale 800.

#3 ·
Could be the throttle bodies are out of sync, or something of the like. Your dealer should be able to tune that out without a problem.

#9 ·
She hasn't reporting the problem while leaning, only when accelerating in a straight line. I set the TC to 8 because of the new tires and breaking in period. Next time we are out, I will change it to 5 and see how it goes.

#11 ·
I have a 2016 dragster RR. Mine does EXACTLY the same. I've noticed it happening only in first gear. The weather has gotten warmer recently and it has gotten much worse. No warning lights or engine faults. It's flat out dangerous. I'm at 600km's and I'll need to bring it in for its 1000km service soon.

Located in Canada. Have you talked to the dealer yet?

#12 ·
My dealer is simply amazing. I called them and explained the issue, they sent a tow truck to pickup the bike the same day and two days later the bike was ready to be picked up. They had to reset something to do with the throttle body. It is running perfectly now.

#18 ·
I got the same problem with my Turismo Veloce 2015. Sent back to dealer and they said its due to the engine gasket which was heated and expanded. Gasket was changed and bike was back to normal but only for a week. The problem comes back again slowly and gets more frequent. Usually the problem arises when i was accelerating especially on lower gears.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.