MECUM - Las Vegas Jan 21-26

4K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  TonyC 
#1 ·
Reactions: nigelrb
#2 ·
Here are the MVs listed for bid:

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Transport Mode of transport

#17 ·
Not a bad price for the brutale oro, IMO. Old magazine road tests I have priced a new F4 Oro at $37K. A 2004 road test priced the brutale Oro at $28K. They gave a dry weight of 393 lb.
Depending which source you want to believe, they brought either 22 or 26 brutale Oros to the US.
I have #189 (four bikes behind the one in cycletrader.). Interestingly, mine also came from original owner in California (Santa Barbara). But here’s the funny thing. It was sold new through a dealer in Post Falls, Id, a little town population 35,000 near Coeur d’alene, Id. You’d think Something like this would’ve gone to dealers serving bigger population areas.

#18 ·
You’d think Something like this would’ve gone to dealers serving bigger population areas.
I believe the Oros were pre-sold, meaning anyone (including a dealer) who wanted to order one (paid) in advance of production was given that privilege until the 300 units were sold. The buyer's name was engraved on the steering crown plaque if desired. Dealers who bought one just to stock would not have their name engraved.

Does yours have a name engraved on the plaque?

#19 · (Edited)
How did we get to Cycle Trader from MECUM?:thewife::thewife::thewife::banghead::wave::banghead::ahhh::ahhh::ahhh:

#26 ·
I am not going to bid on it...the CFO gently reminded me of how much money we are spending on the house this year....

I will have to wait for my (Lee's) Tambo.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.