• 1 Post By 110205

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
2005 Benelli Tornado Tre 900

2005 Benelli Tornado Tre 900 (not mine)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Benell....c100903.m5276
- 198 Original Miles

Anybody know about parts availability on these?

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 08:41 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by italia View Post
2005 Benelli Tornado Tre 900

Good luck.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 11:16 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by italia View Post
2005 Benelli Tornado Tre 900 (not mine)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Benell....c100903.m5276
- 198 Original Miles

I owned a Tornado for 8 years. It was totally reliable, turned heads and attracted crowds more than my F4 ever does.

Make sure the clutch,z25 and core plug mods have been done

Bennett’s oop north are the people to speak to. I never had any issue getting parts.

Have a look over on www.benelliforum.com.

By the way, the noise that triple makes when it comes on song is highly addictive!

Fred
Paul.K likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 01:29 PM

The Tre sold for how much??!! I call BS on that auction, Tre in mint condition can't seem to break $6k on the best, sunniest day of the year.

Kevin, just as well that it sold. I had an opportunity to buy one as part of the deal on a Bimota SB8R and passed for reasons of parts and service. I'm in Southern Cal and I would have some trouble sourcing parts, I'd imagine it to be that much tougher in your neck of the woods. I guess Bob Steinbugler would be a viable alternative but he's in NC. There might be more sources than that locally, don't really know though.

Fred, Benelli is a much better known and therefore easier to service brand in the UK. In the US the brand is associated with fine Italian firearms, not motorcycles.
Fredzedex likes this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 05:38 AM
Established Member

I can get Benelli parts easier than MV parts. No reason to pass that amazing bike because of parts issues.
Fredzedex likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 12:00 PM

New Site Garage
I enjoy looking at all rare & unusual bikes, but what what an eye-sore these things were!
What's up with those cooling fans in the tail?
How would pressing up against that weird tank feel?
How did Adrian Morton go from designing this, to the F3?

Nighthawk 650 '83 prune/gunk
FZR 600 '93 red/white
F4 750 '03 red/silver
F3 800 '16 ABS red/silver
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 04:56 PM

Gidday

While perhaps not as stunningly beautiful as an MV or a Triumph 955, the Tornado 900 & 1130 are in my opinion, none the less gorgeous. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though, after all, Melania married your president.

Parts apparently can be an issue, if a Benelli was your only means of transport, you might be taking your chances, as you may have to wait a while for some parts, but they are apparently available, if sometimes expensive. I have heard that about MVs.

If you have more than one bike, I reckon the Tornado is an excellent and exotic addition to one's garage. I rode an un-faired Benelli triple (I think naked is a coarse expression) and it was an absolute hoot, the induction noise sounded like it was saying MORE. A hoon's bike, fer shure. The Tornados go, and handle, and are allegedly comfortable. Many owners report poor fuel economy, but I have heard that about MVs also, & I got about 50mpg out of the first tank of my F4, so that remains to be seen. There are enough owners that report 45mpg+ to suggest that economy is a lottery. It is fixable if it does happen, if you know about ECUs or are prepared to pay to have it sorted.

There is a Benelli forum for advice and support, one of the legends of the forum is an Aussie, again, just like MV, his bike has 135,000+ klms on it. Most owners seem to have multiple Benellis, and swear by them (& probably at them from time to time ), & it seems that the UK, or pommyland as we Aussies call it, is where the most owners are and where one can get parts with the most ease and rapidity. The MV importer in Aust is also the Benelli importer, so most MV dealers also do Benelli. Soul mates.

I think the consensus is that the 1130 is the better bike, but the 900 is different, apparently. As right said FredZX says, there were some clutch/starter issues, which should have been resolved by now, and aren't that hard a fix, and surprise surprise, they do get hot in traffic. Again, does this sound like MV?

https://www.benelliforum.com/forum/

Engenia's Benelli Tornado Novocentro Tre

regards

Scott
ViggenF4 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode