FS: 2004 BMW R11S Boxer Cup Replika #245 - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tirefriar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

FS: 2004 BMW R11S Boxer Cup Replika #245- SOLD

I know this a long shot on this forum but here it goes...

After long deliberations, I have decided to cut my 2004 BCR #245 loose for it to find another owner. This will be first time since 2011 that I will not have a Beemer in my garage. The blame goes on the 2013 Brutale 1090RR that I just had dialed in by Dave Moss.

- With less than 3900 miles on the clock (not a typo) this is one of the lowest mileage and cleanest BCRs that is still ridden.
- Current California registration until July 2019 and a clean California title.
- #245 is a non-ABS, non-heated grip model (reduced maintenance costs and increased long term reliability).
- Full Remus exhaust
- Ilmberger rear tire hugger
- NEVER BEEN:dropped, tipped over in the driveway (my favorite), raced or tracked
- ALWAYS BEEN: loved and pampered
- Bike has service by San Diego BMW in June '16 at 3076 miles which included the following:
- Gel Battery
- Replacement of entire fuel system
- Spark plugs
- Clean tank
- Front Metzeler tire 120/70R17
- Rear Metzeler tire 180/55R17
- Oil Service
- Safety inspection
- TOTAL $2631

- Bike was consigned to SD BMW by a collector and was sold to friend of mine. I bought the bike from him in June of this year and but about 300 miles on the bike, which is close to what he put in two years of his ownership.
- Bike always stored in the garage upright.
- There is a small chip on the belly pan (see pic). Otherwise it looks a like a showroom piece.
- BMW Front Pit Bull stand is included at full asking price.
- Its a perfect candidate for someone looking for a mint BCR with all the right equipment on it. Bike is priced at $8200. Reasonable offers considered. I am located in greater Los Angeles area.
Attached Images

Last edited by Tirefriar; 10-28-2018 at 12:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

I have more pics to share if anyone is interested.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 02:48 PM

i'm not picking holes buddy, but I thought the colour sceme you have was for the first generation single spark 2002 bcr subsequent models were different colours, im in the uk and maybe over your side of the water things were different, as talking as a up untill last year owner of an original 2002 mamola replica , cheers bud take care Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
i'm not picking holes buddy, but I thought the colour sceme you have was for the first generation single spark 2002 bcr subsequent models were different colours, im in the uk and maybe over your side of the water things were different, as talking as a up untill last year owner of an original 2002 mamola replica , cheers bud take care Chris
In US, this particular color combo first appeared on 2003 y.m. BCR with single plugs. 2004 was first year for dual plugs, same color combo. 2005 was the last year but it was in red, white and blue with different color wheels. Europe was 1 year ahead so that's probably the explanation.

In 2002 US got the Boxer Prep in silver color, wider rear wheel than stock R11S, no belly pan but no center stand either. I did see some very nice application with Union Jack on euro models but these never sold in US
ceepee likes this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 11:47 AM

thanks for putting me straight on that one , in the uk there was a few less than honest persons trying to sell repainted rs1100's as original versions, as far as ive seen theres not been one twin spark bcr in 2002 blue and white only single spark, when i advertised mine for sale the first chap to view it asked if he could bring along not one but two bcr buffs to make sure it was authentic, i believe only 35 of the original Mamola bcr's ever made it for sale in the uk, all in 2002, thanks for you input ,cheers Chris
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

With only 35 BCR bikes in UK, I wonder what they are worth there? In US the market for R11S has softened quite a bit and it pulled the values of BCR and even R12S with it. Hence recreating a BCR would take close to several grand (fairings, Carbon fiber belly pan) essentially wiping out quite a bit of profit. Higher mileage (35k+ miles) Boxer Cups are trading in the $4-$5k range if they are clean. Lesser condition bikes can be found in the sub $4k category, something unheard of just a scan few years ago. I am finding out that R12S without sport package are now trading in the same $4-$5k range, crazy.

Bike is sold and #245 has new very proud owner.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode