F41000S on Ortega! Our newest member? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
F41000S on Ortega! Our newest member?

I had a fantastic ride this morning...As tempting as the Tamburini was just staring at me as I suited up, alas, the ZX-7R was up in the rotation today, and I couldn't have her sit another week...Time to put some fluids through her. It was an overcast morning, but cool and clear at ground level, and actually relatively perfect conditions. My beloved Ortega Highway (CA74) has been undergoing some major surgery for the past couple of months, the construction working its way towards the Elsinore side from the Orange County side, so I thought I would go and check on the progress. The benefit is, the traffic has been dramatically reduced, and by staying on the Elsinore side, I was still able to avoid the construction, which is now as close as two miles from the Candy Store, and just to the West of it.

This meant I could enjoy the steep and flowing Elsinore side, and blast the carousels above the Candy Store a few times without nary a car in my way. As I was heading down to Elsinore to say goodbye for the day after several passes, I passed the unmistakebale stacked eyes of a red F4, heading up the hill towards the Lookout Cafe. I found a wide shoulder, clamped on the binders and spun her around to give chase.

I found the bike and its rider resting on a turnout, just below the restaurant. I pulled in and met the owner, Jesse, from Corona! That makes three MVs in Corona, that I am aware of: My Tambo, A Senna seen at Cars & Coffee, and Jesse's F41000S. We chatted for a moment by the side of the road, and he promised to log in and join the .net...

I snapped a picture for his girlfriend, suited up and headed home. As I promised you Jesse, the full resolution picture is in my "Kitchen Sink" album...

As I was rolling the Ninja back into her stall, I noticed the tell-tale signs of a good day on the hill, sticky Dunlops showing some nice texture! Looks like I ate all of my Chicken Strips like a good little boy!

Another amazing day on Ortega...I hope you each got in a good ride today, as well!

Griff
twoeleven

Last edited by twoeleven; 06-13-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 02:40 PM

Thanks for explaining, I was wondering how you pick which bike to ride... First I though you tell them to pick a number 1-10, but now I understand, you have a chart For what it's worth, your zx-7R has a good owner... My chart would look like this

Mo: Tamburini
Tu: Tamburini
We: Tamburini
Th: Tamburini
Fr: Tamburini
Sa: Tamburini
Su: Tamburini

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by d-_-b Tamburini d-_-b; 06-03-2007 at 02:44 PM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 01:14 PM

Hey Larry,
Sorry it took so long to join. I have seen this site before and look forward to checking it out as a member. Take care and maybe I'll see you at Ortega with your Tamburini.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 01:27 PM

Welcome Jesse!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 01:27 PM

New to the site but respectfully asking, who was Chris McCauley and what happened?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 01:40 PM

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Welcome to the site!!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 06:20 PM

Wow! I didn't know him, but very sad to hear. God bless him and the family. Thanks for the welcome, guys. This site has so much stuff to read through. I'll take a few hours to look through all the posts and info. Glad I joined.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Welcome Jesse...Make yourself at home, kick off your shoes and stay a bit...I fixed my ride report to reflect your correct name...Through the helmets, 'Jesse' sounded like 'Jeffrey', whoops.

I look forward to another day on Ortega...Soon...and yes, next time it is the Tambo's turn...

Griff
twoeleven
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Ingram
Wow! I didn't know him, but very sad to hear. God bless him and the family. Thanks for the welcome, guys. This site has so much stuff to read through. I'll take a few hours to look through all the posts and info. Glad I joined.

whatsup man, welcome! nice bike and nice suit!

stay safe, that 74 is serious... come run the 2 with us when you want something i tiny bit less dangerous, but every bit as fulfilling!

glad you met griff, he's a great diplomat for the site. get your friendships here off to a positive start!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode