Established Member

Nice Pair!

At home in SF...without RG3's!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 09:23 AM

Doctor,

I have reviewed your album. Diagnosis - chicken strips. Cure...ride those beasts.

It's one thing to have them, but somewhere in that busy schedule of yours make sure you find the time to ride them. I've found that real early weekend days are best. Out by 630am, home by 10.

Keep enjoying! Peter
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reopropf
Doctor,

I have reviewed your album. Diagnosis - chicken strips. Cure...ride those beasts.

It's one thing to have them, but somewhere in that busy schedule of yours make sure you find the time to ride them. I've found that real early weekend days are best. Out by 630am, home by 10.

Keep enjoying! Peter
At 66, too many patients, too large a practice, too much responsibility, and too many family members to do otherwise. The wonderful thing about these magnificient machines is that they can be exhilarating at any level.
After 25K miles and counting with no mishaps, the chicken strip approach has served me well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 12:24 PM

Must be a bit boring but at least they're beautiful
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 02:23 PM

Reopropf, You must be quite a GP rider with no chicken strips...you are my hero...how about everybody rides at their own pace, ever heard of that?
Good luck.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 05:25 PM

B42day,

The good doctor knows I wasn't challenging him on the strips, rather encouraging ALL MV owners to ride their machines . I am one of the more self-deprecating guys as regards my cornering and constantly am working to improve these skills. In fact, an Aussie, possibly from the outback, on our past forum, chided me for my strips.

I was pleased this past track day to more fully utilize the edges of rubber offered to me by Michelin, and maybe my good friend Thomas will post such a pic.

Always, I encourage riding within one's ability, " ride your own ride." The tone of my note was purposely to encourage riding, as I too struggle to find time from my invasive Cardiology practice to twist my wrist.

Tomorrow am, the beeper goes on vibrate from 7am till 11am and the circuit will be closer to home...no biggie.

So lets NOT . We need NOT send any smileys.

Peter

Last edited by Reopropf; 07-01-2006 at 05:35 PM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 12:14 PM

Reopropf,
I'm sorry I misinterpreted your post, "the Good Doctor" is a good personal friend of mine, and maybe I took it too harsh. Plus, I suffer from the same syndrome as I travel for a living and rarely have the time / energy to ride. I have come to accept my status as "poser" although no one sees me pose as my MV's have not let the garage for months now!!!! I am depressed now......you don't even want to know the mileage on my machines......including a 1996 ZX7RR-N1 that's not even out of the INITIAL brake-in period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
b42day what are you doing surfing the web! Get out there
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 04:01 PM

raining all day here...just my luck....
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 04:07 PM

You can at least lean and apply judicious throttle out of the turn. It does not have to be at race levels, but please lean. That is what makes the bikes what they are.

Lorenzo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode