MVs, Ducatis and Moto Guzzis oh my! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

MVs, Ducatis and Moto Guzzis oh my!

Went to a personal museum open house on Sunday and saw 2-3 million euro+ worth of old bikes. Made me want to cry actually because they are all packed in like sardines, un-restored and just kind of rusting into history. I took some pics of those bikes and others that showed up for the ride he sponsored. There were also some amazing original MVs, Ducatis, Moto Guzzis, Parillas and many more that I had never even heard of. I've put some of the pics in my album under Motorcycle History with more to come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 05:03 AM

There are some 'collectable' bikes amongst that lot. Do you know if any are for sale, in particular any MVs?

I have a friend in New Zealand with around 30 bikes, mostly Italian comprising MV, Ducati, Gilera, Bimota, Laverda and Moto Guzzi but a few British and German. 90% of his collection would happily sit in any Italian bike enthusiasts lounge room. Fortunately, many of his bikes are ridden with the exception of a few race bikes (Ducati Supermono, factory TT2) and some unrideable bikes (Bimota V-due).

A 3 week visit saw me ride Ducati 851 tri-colore, 750 Sport MV, Magni Arturo, Laverda SFC 1000, Ducati Pantah 500. 1986 F1 (I put over 1000 kms on a bike with just 5000kms on the dial) and a 1980 900 SS Ducati (another 1000+ kms). The bikes I didn't get around to riding were the Magni MV, RC 30 Honda and DB1.

We were accompanied on one trip by a 800 America MV.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

He has put nothing up for sale. However, I'm going to ask about the MV before I leave. Never know, I might just get lucky!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode