Speed Channel Superbikers - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Speed Channel Superbikers

Not that I care for the stunt scene and this TV show, but tonight they were in Paris for a stunt show and the host (what's his name??) went with a leading french rider to visit a major motorcycle shop owned by one of the original stunt riders in France from 20 years ago (sorry, didn't get his name either). The 3 of them go for a ride and what is the shop owner riding?? 910R Brutale.. ..he obviously knows what the best bikes are. The "kids" were riding Hondas.

Then they show some street scenes of stunters in Marseilles....and they were on F4s !!!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 02:52 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Very nice!!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 09:17 AM

I wish they took a different approach to sportbikes on this show, this show only reinforces the squid ghetto behaviour that most people associate sportbikes with...really really lame and disgusting show...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 10:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to Vatoloco
one a nother episode,some kids in france were stunting F4 1000's But i agree its a show that only shows stupidity.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b42day
I wish they took a different approach to sportbikes on this show, this show only reinforces the squid ghetto behaviour that most people associate sportbikes with...really really lame and disgusting show...
Where's the "Plus 1" smilie. I can only stand a few seconds of the show...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I didn't watch the whole show either. I find it a rather bad representation of motorcycling , and it gets boring pretty quickly. I just stumbled into the scene where the French dealer was riding the Brutale , so had to keep watching for more views of his bike. This was same episode Valtoloco was talking about. I tuned it off long before it ended, just after I saw stunters on F4s.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 01:47 PM

I noticed there's an upcoming Superbikes episode about the attempt at the speed record at Bonneville. Anyone know if this is covering the MV attempt? Havent seen it yet, but I'm so far behind my TV watching I just assumed it was a re-run.

Still gotta watch the Italian F1 race...
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 03:36 PM
FSL

Talking Bitch

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahhgooosta
I noticed there's an upcoming Superbikes episode about the attempt at the speed record at Bonneville. Anyone know if this is covering the MV attempt? Havent seen it yet, but I'm so far behind my TV watching I just assumed it was a re-run.

Still gotta watch the Italian F1 race...
Didn't see anything about the MV attempt, but i don't recall watching the entire thing. They focused on introducing what the salt flats are all about, trying it out, and looking at the different classes (custom, etc, etc)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 04:07 PM

Well, it's a bummer there's no MV coverage in that episode, but at least I can go back to ignoring that show completely.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode