Rock Store Sunday - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Rock Store Sunday

LBanonMV and I were at the Rock Store today, Sunday.

Two nice F4 Rs were also in attendance, plus LOTS of Cops. They were actually impounding bikes and putting guys in cuffs on the side of the road. Interesting.

Who was at the Rock Store today?

Latigo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Established Member

I had the the pleasure of meeting you guys at the "Store". I was on the Pearl/Black F4R parked next to Lisa's. She will probably remember me as the "guy who does cartoon voices for a living". Great meeting you and Tomash (sp)? who had a beautiful F4R with lots of cool carbon accents. Let's do it again soon! Have a great week.

MotoMan
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Established Member

Impounds? Handcuffs? What the hell were you guys doing?

Andy C.

'00 YAM R1
'06 MV Brutale S
'08 MV 312R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 01:12 PM

I wanted to take a ride there when i pick up my 312. My luck they will break out the rubber gloves for a cavity search !
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
I'm all for impounds for unlicensed riders and stolen bikes. If that helps to save a life (whether it be the riders life or other lives) or gets a bike back to its proper owner, it's worth it.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 03:51 PM

Cops are doing their semi-regular zero-tolerance in the SMMs thing. It's usually not as bad as this, but as there are more and more squids killing themselves and others enforcement has been stepped up.

I left the Store at 8:00am, after I saw the first pair of jeans pull in on a CBX (wich he proceeded to drop while parking). Anyhow, sorry I missed all of you. Maybe next time...and usually as early as I can drag my ass out of bed...especially since I finally got my bike back from PI!!!

I've got the license plate that says FLUTTRR and a red valve cover on a silver/red 910S.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 06:15 AM

Let me add to the whole Rock store situation. The locals there have complained that the bikers are flying by too fast and they're afraid of coming out our drive ways. That's all it took for the cops to start gang bangin everybody up there, with air units monitoring and calling in to the cruisers to pull bikes over for speeding and crossing yellow lanes to pass a car.
Also I found out from talking to a local and a rider there, that the big SUV driving locals are trying to help the cops to crack down on bikers. If the speed limit on those tempting sweepers are 35mph like it is, then they are doing just that for miles in their humongous gas guzzlers, and as soon as a fed up biker crosses the yellow lanes safely to go on to his business to enjoy couple of turns, he ends up in hand cuffs and tickets that he has to work for the next two weeks if not the month!
They gave out 70 speeding tickets in one Sunday morning within 4 hours! RIDICOLUS.
It really sucks when people like us work hard all week and only one day we try to enjoy something that we love and we have to face this B.S.

Last edited by KNEENELBOWDRAGGER; 07-31-2007 at 06:21 AM.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 06:20 PM
Established Member

Unfortunately, there's always an element in any group that drags everyone else down. There are a large number of "squids" shall we call them that ride like idiots in the area. They're dangerous to everyone, including other sportbike riders.

A guy on Sunday who was riding way past his limit on a sportbike and crossed over into my lane, head-on in a blind curve. The same day, two guys in high performance cars were drag racing down Mulhulland side-by-side. I was happy to see them led away in handcuffs.

Not sure what the answer is....but if I lived over there, I'd probably reach a breaking point too.

When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges. -- Jack Handey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F41000S/Honda CBR600
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 08:20 PM
Established Member

Yeah, one can definitely reach a point at which the "cool" sound of your high performance bike or car becomes a big pain in the ass...and ears, especially to folks who live in the area where we love to ride. I've lived on Cornell Rd. in Agoura for 18 years and usually it's not a big deal. But every now and then, on a Saturday or Sunday morning at around 7-7:30 a group of bikes comes by, WAY on the gas and it's a little nutty. 'Course it's almost always those Harley poseurs. Must have their do-rags too tight. :-) Seriously, be careful on those 80-90 mph blasts out there folks. We had a guy on a CBR t-bone a Toyota recently right in front of my house. I live on a nice, blind sweeper that'd be perfect if no one ever comes the other way or decides, as the asshole in the Toyota did, to make a u-turn just past the apex of said blind sweeper. Bang. Ouch. The guy on the CBR was doing nothing wrong except going about 75 in a posted 35 zone. Not real fast on a good road I know but...Any way, it can't be said enough; be careful out there. People pulling out of blind driveways, horses, dogs, kids, the neighbor lady putting on makeup, ON HER CELLPHONE while driving her Land Rover (you know who you are) I see at least one of these hazards every time I ride down Cornell on my way into the Canyons or The Rock Store or whatever. Ok, consider my spleen vented. Have fun!

MotoMan
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 12:03 AM

Dont do that. Dont do this. Cant do this. Cant do that. Go the speed limit. Slow down. The cops only care about one thing at lost hills sheriff station and thats to see how much money they can collect for the city of malibu because that city doesent have enough money hell they cant evan make the meridians look half way deceient when your driving thru the city. guess most of that money they collect from all those tickets probley ends up in there pocket. I guess if you want to have fun on a street bike these days you must have a badge in your pocket so you dont get wrote up for just living and breathing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode