MVAgusta.net - View Single Post - F3-800 - considering purchase, known issues? please help?
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 11:16 PM
99sitr

Haych I have used the 800 and 675 over two seasons at the track almost exclusively. I haven't had either issue with sprag issues or fueling/idle. If using the 800 as a dedicated track bike my first suggestion to you is to dump the factory suspension if you are sub 140lbs or over 190lbs. There just isn't enough adjustability for a properly setup suspension above and below those ranges. The 800 has plenty of power on the track, enough so that you will run into issues with keeping the front end down if not accustomed to using the rear brake to tame it lightly at times until you are adjusted to the power output.

The rear brake will need to be shielded from the exhaust to maintain functionality on the track. We ended up removing the reservoir in lieu of a smaller piece of tubing with a cap on three of the F3's we track with. After heat shielding and doing this we have yet to run into of a soft or nonexistent rear brake.

A steering damper is a warranted upgrade on the 800 especially post tuning/upgrades. Matris Is my preferred damper but Ohlins is just as capable. This is a quality of life upgrade after the first track season where I didn't have one.

Bodywork is a no-brainer. I prefer Bikesplast due to their extended seat pan and solo tail design (I'm 6'2") but catalyst composites is another great company.

Braking is phenomenal on the 800 thanks in large part to the twin 34mm piston Brembos on the front. To give a more solid feel and feedback I went with a Brembo RCS19 master cylinder which was a marked improvement. This winter I will be changing the rotors and pads to a different setup (CMC rotors with appropriate pads).

The biggest change you will have to adapt to with an F3 is ties ease of steering and falling into corners. This is attributed to but not limited by its design, lightweight and counter rotating engine. This bike flicks left and right at 70-80mph like your r6 does at 40mph.

Last but not least the 800 will gladly boil your semen if you find yourself in hot pit for too long...

Cheers, Jon-Michael

2014 F3 800 EAS
2013 F3 675 EAS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome