MV Agusta Forum banner

Sorry guys, I crashed today

10K views 97 replies 44 participants last post by  Chr1s_j 
#1 ·
Having a great day with Ed, Randy, and Carl. Was going into a off camber left hand corner and somehow lost it. Bike is not a total loss but I will say that I am devastated at this. I hope to be OK. Shoulder if feeling pretty crappy currently. Time will tell.

Many thanks to Randy, Ed and Carl for their help. I am sorry that I caused us to end the day early. I will make it up to you.

Here are some pics

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
I hope. Financial was not the right time to do this.:bawling:

I can tell you that titanium and carbon sound the same as plastic and steel hitting the road.

#9 ·
The frame is OK, but I will need a new subframe among many other parts. The forks, brakes, frame plates, swingarm, tank, airbox, and rotors all seem to be fine. The rear wheel has a rough part on it. Could be OK. Will need to replace the nose cone, left side fairing, and possible the tail. Along with levers, mirrors, and water impeller cover.

#13 ·
So sorry to hear. I am glad you are OK. We have a friend who crashed his bike on a track day and actually made out on it from insurance and got some upgrades as the local dealer was trying to get rid of some of his inventory. (Chuck knows the details). Perhaps the crash Gods will be with you as well!:f4::f4::f4:

#10 ·
So sorry Andrew. Glad you're well enough to tell us. Get totally well soon.

#16 ·
Andrew, first thing is that I am glad you are able to post this.

Second thing is I am wondering what the back of the bike hit..

Third, there is this product called GLARE, you know, it has Glass Plexin.....:moon:

I'll give you a call during the coming week my friend. I'll see what parts I have kicking around that you may need.

Take care of that shoulder...

#30 ·
Second thing is I am wondering what the back of the bike hit..

Third, there is this product called GLARE, you know, it has Glass Plexin.....:moon:
Damn and to think I used the last of it over the winter:laughing:

I lost the front end and by the time the bike flew over the ditch. She was going backwards. The pipes dug into the ground which must of caused her to spin around one last time. Ed dug 4 inches of dirt out of the pipes:violin:

#28 ·
Bugger,As long as you are ok that's the main concern,bike can be fixed
Horrible to see a fellow biker down, just glad you are in 1 piece. Bikes (as glorious as yours is) can be fixed but bodies suffer. I hope you feel better soon.

OK we are all very relieved that you are not badly hurt, which is the main thing......but (as no-one else will say it)........POOR BIKE :ahhh::ahhh:...............at least it looks easier to repair than this Aston Martin 88.5

ps I am only trying to cheer you up mate, if I can do anything just let me know

Attachments

#23 ·
Ed, Carl, Randrew, and I were about 50 miles into what was likely to be about 150 or so on a cold, but gradually warming glorious day. I had led for the first 45 miles going from my home to a very nice area in NW Ga. I knew the roads very well, as Jackie and I ride our bicycles on these same roads. In fact, we had ridden 50 there earlier in the week.

I pulled over to hand off to Ed from that point on. "Great roads ahead.....Go to the end of this road, turn left, and go to the end of that road, left again, etc, etc.....it's about 22 miles ahead to the gas station. Wait for me there. Beware of alligator paving, undulating terrain, etc, etc....."

Ed and Randrew took off, while Carl and I followed at a substantially slower pace. All three of them are much better riders than I am, and I wasn't comfortable riding above my meager skill set. Carl decided to stay back with me.

Seven miles in, Randrew's standing over the Mona Lisa, and Ed's coming back up the hill from the wrong direction. Carl and I pull up hoping against hope that it's just a little slip......nope. ?

BTW.....Randrew lied to us when he as queried about his condition. "Randrew, ARE YOU OK?" "I'm fine". " ARE YOU SURE?" "I'm fine". He's banged up pretty good. He was wearing "Tommy Bahama" jeans....:ahhh:

This is the second time Jack Jack's had to load up the trailer and perform a rescue on a crashed bike. It happened to me in 2007.

It happens to all of us......ATGATT.

#24 ·
Sorry to read this, so glad your OK, I know how much love you have put into that bike. Hope you both heal fast.

#25 ·
Yes, it does happen to all of us.

Keep up the spirit Andrew ad I hope your shoulder and the MV will be alright soon!

#27 ·
Horrible to see a fellow biker down, just glad you are in 1 piece. Bikes (as glorious as yours is) can be fixed but bodies suffer. I hope you feel better soon.

#31 ·
I want to thank everyone for their concern and wishes. Last night was not as long as I worried it would be. My should has stabilized and I want to see what it is like once the swelling goes down. It is funny that the left leg of my jeans, which has all the damage, I have next to no damage on my leg. It is my right knee which has the road rash on it.

Thank you also for the family here that has reached out to me asking and offer what can they do to help. I can not express how much this means to me. I will need the help from the forum to track down some rare parts if they need to be replaced. I will not know which ones until I dig into her, but I will let you know.

#33 ·
The ground was soft where the bike and Randrew left the road, they missed the big rocks in the ditch.

A big divot where the bike had rotated and hit the bank tail first....I dug 4 inch deep plugs of dirt out each of the 2 left pipes. The right side stayed up, so it's mostly left side damage.

Randrew, I'm happy you are just banged up a bit and not badly damaged. Let me know if you need some help on the engine bits.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.