MV Agusta Forum banner

Rivale throttle issues during aggressive riding

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Jono 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
I've had my Rivale now for about 6 weeks. Had the first service done and she now has around 3000km on the clock (having a lot of fun obviously).
I have noticed that the throttle becomes erratic during extended periods of aggressive riding.. well this is the only time it has been badly noticeable.
It feels like it's bogging down. This generally happens when exiting a corner, I jump on the rev's and nothing, back off and twist again and will get the intended throttle response.

So far it has only really happened to me when I am on the same section of road, its a long winding section which is high altitude.
which makes me think it may either be due to air density or its just a coincidence and its actually due to the riding which I am doing through that section.

I'd love to know if anyone else has noticed anything similar with their MV. I'm on the latest map and recently had the throttle itself swapped out by the workshop (which did not fix it).

Thanks in advance:)

#2 ·
Been having some issues with mine lately!
Jerkiness at low rpm, also it has been feeling like its surging at times.

I've had the throttle swapped out 2x now, it's at the dealer for it's 3rd. Not even a yr old yet, its getting ridiculous!!
Starting to lose confidence in it....

#3 ·
Been having some issues with mine lately!
Jerkiness at low rpm, also it has been feeling like its surging at times....
Same here. Realize I just need to downshift the bitch. Solved all my problems. :yo:

While my Ducs just chug below 5K RPMs (4K on the 2-valve) and get through it, the MV triple will let you know when you need to drop it down a gear or two.

#11 ·
The first generation TC that is on the Rivale is just not all that good. I only use it on level 1 or turn it off. Even at level 1 it sometimes cuts in when it really shouldn't. When it happens to me it is mostly on medium speed, light to medium doenhill corners. The throttle feels very delayed, almost non-responsive for about half a second or so. It happens because MV's TC is based on anticipated engine acceleration. When going downhill and crancked over, i.e. on a smaller wheel diameter than when upright, the engine can accelerate faster than the ECU thinks it should and the TC cuts in. At least that is what I think is happening. It doesn't bother me much and certainly does not deter from the fun I have everytime I ride the Rivale.

#14 ·
When at dealer last week, bike was on the operating table. The tech was checking throttle response & there wasn't any. No throttle what ever!
Originally they thought the probs were due to having an after market exhaust on it. This has been happening before the exhaust.

#18 ·
Replaced throttle. The leak was exhaust gasket which was changed. They checked the plugs and they were all the same colour implying the inlet was OK. Runs great although I did tune the throttle bodies one more time to be sure. They were close - I tweaked 2 of them v slightly. Doubt I can get it any better now. :)

:f4::yo::yo::yo:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.