mvagusta.net member biographies - Page 86 - MVAgusta.net
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #851 of 857 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 08:20 PM
Pbt

Im attempting this 3rd post in order to fully enable my account as I have not been able to post elsewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #852 of 857 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 09:12 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Just saw this

Well guys my names Stewart. Been riding for about 11 years. Originally I wanted an 848. Now that Ducati doesn't offer the single sided swing arm I was a bit bummed. Someone suggested a MV. I said a M what? Googled MV Agusta... and here I am. Pretty damn happy with My F3.
It truly is a work of art.

Work at USPS. When I'm not busy kicking your order from evolutionbike.it and DesignCorse, I'm delivering all those wonderful credit card offers and coupons

Live in Vegas, originally from NY. While I miss parts of NY, I don't miss the taxes and draconian gun laws.
When I'm not out riding (we get 365 days of riding weather here) you can find me at the range, or relaxing at home.
Plenty of amazing riding in and around Vegas. We may not have a whole ton of twisties, but we have some fantastic views.

Speaking of 365 riding, I was a bit perplexed when my dealer gave me my battery tender. I asked what it was for. He said in case you don't ride for a few weeks, it could kill your battery. I laughed. Like an evil sinister you don't know who your dealing with laugh. Bought my bike in June of last year, almost 6k on the odometer. With work, I didn't get very much riding in from Sept-Dec. I plan to get to 20k by next June. Ride it till the fuckin wheels fall off

esq'z me likes this.

2018 MV F3 675 Avio Grey

"That pistol just kept saying, let go of my ears, you don't know what you're doing." -thehellbringer

Last edited by cccpNyC; 03-27-2019 at 09:20 PM.
post #853 of 857 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 09:36 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccpNyC View Post
He said in case you don't ride for a few weeks, it could kill your battery. I laughed.
Depending on whether you have the OEM battery, and which battery that is, it could be far less than a few weeks of dormancy to kill the battery. And a weak battery will contribute to wearing down the sprag clutch on the starter. The parasitic drain on these bikes is comparatively high. What part of NY are you from? Welcome to the forum.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #854 of 857 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 12:48 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by italia View Post
Depending on whether you have the OEM battery, and which battery that is, it could be far less than a few weeks of dormancy to kill the battery. And a weak battery will contribute to wearing down the sprag clutch on the starter. The parasitic drain on these bikes is comparatively high. What part of NY are you from? Welcome to the forum.

Grew up on Long Island, lived in the city for a bit before moving out to Las Vegas.

I've read up on the sprag issues. I'm hoping they've fixed it, seems there were some changes to the 2018 MY.

And also, after watching a video on battery replacement, what a dumb fucking place to put the battery. Should have revised the geometry of the tank to fill the battery spot and but the battery where the seat is like a normal bike. Lordy.

2018 MV F3 675 Avio Grey

"That pistol just kept saying, let go of my ears, you don't know what you're doing." -thehellbringer
post #855 of 857 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:26 PM

Late bloomer...

I didnít start riding until I was 40. After watching Long Way Round, I was hooked and highly motivated.
My first bike was a Honda 650XL, this was quickly followed by a 2012 Yamaha FZR600. The FZ served me well for about 5000 miles and it was time to move on.....
Iíve made several road trip, most around 4500 miles. Itís always the time away from work that is the hang up and keeps the time and miles short.
Wife and I attended a Trackday event at Grass Valley Raceway in Central Oregon.
Currently living in Colorado and would enjoy hearing from any MV riders in the Denver area.

2004 Honda 650XL
2012 Yamaha FZR600
2010 Triumph 1050 a Tiger
2009 Triumph 675 Daytona
2013 Triumph Speed Triple
2014 Triumph Tiger 800XC
2015 Triumph Street Triple R
2014 Ducati Multistrada
2016 Triumph Street Triple RX
......and finally
2018 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce (this is THE forever bike)
nigelrb likes this.
post #856 of 857 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 05:59 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Welcome to the family @f1cart !!!! Puny Juney is your neighbor in Colorado....(and there are others). Check into her big ride she has planned soon.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #857 of 857 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 02:38 AM

New Site Garage
well my turn

judging by my name I am German and I was born south west of Regensburg/Bavaria still north of the Limes :-) I left home when I was 15 to explore the world, signed on with the Military and spent some time doing some stuff. I earned my 1st bike when I was 12 which was a 250 Maico scrambler, replaced by a Yamaha DT80, TZR250, RD500, KTM620LC4 and after some Ducatis and one Jap bike in between before I moved back to Ducati and MV.

I am not typical German, still proud however I moved a lot around and stayed/lived in quite some countries (6 months ++ Italy, Ireland, UK, France, New Zealand, Singapore, Switzerland, Middle East, Malta and da Fatherland). Apart from bikes I was always into sports, used to fight for the German National Kyokushin Karate Team back in the 90s and became 3 times Singapore Kyokushin Karate Champion between 2007-2009. I am also no foreigner to shooting, was representing my squadron back in the 90s but now I am more into Archery. Instructing every now and then how to shoot a bow without missing your target, kinda old fashion hunting style. I might go back into Karate teaching once back home :-)

I have 3 great kids, but divorced a long time ago. My older son is riding my 750ssie and the 2nd one is just doing his license and annoys the shit out of me to buy him a 125cc road bike.

I am straight to the point, no bull talk and I hate FB and whining people and twitter on top...

Markus

to old to give a f*ck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in